Braved the heat today......

Frankj3

It's been a while since my last hunt.......it was 8/1/14......I've been in with-drawls!

I was finally able to get out and hunt this morning. I managed to work 2 beaches today and my favorite city park. There is still too much seaweed on the beaches so I mainly used my 8" coil in the dry sand. Didn't find too much. It's been so hot down here that people aren't even going to the beach! Now that's hot!!! We were a "cool" 98° today before noon!!!

At the park, I only used my 4" coil and worked the basketball court and older picnic areas and trees. I only retrieved 4" or shallower finds using my screwdriver.

My total coin finds today (all clad) were:
3 quarters
4 dimes
2 nickels
20 pennies
My oldest coin found today was a 1967 dime.

We've all seen can slaw, trash and clad so I'm not attaching any pictures.

My coin total for this year since March 17th (when I rec'd my Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500) is 400 coins:
37 quarters
72 dimes
19 nickels
270 pennies
1 Mexican peso
1 Mexican 20 centavo

I'm really loving my Legacy 3500!

HH y'all.

Frank

I swing the same machine. I also have the 4" gold nugget coil which I love for trashy areas. I'm eagerly awaiting on a NEL sharpshooter coil to add to my arsenal. Such an underrated detector but can keep up with the big boys if you get to know it well :yes:

It's been a while since my last hunt.......it was 8/1/14......I've been in with-drawls!

I was finally able to get out and hunt this morning. I managed to work 2 beaches today and my favorite city park. There is still too much seaweed on the beaches so I mainly used my 8" coil in the dry sand. Didn't find too much. It's been so hot down here that people aren't even going to the beach! Now that's hot!!! We were a "cool" 98° today before noon!!!

At the park, I only used my 4" coil and worked the basketball court and older picnic areas and trees. I only retrieved 4" or shallower finds using my screwdriver.

My total coin finds today (all clad) were:
3 quarters
4 dimes
2 nickels
20 pennies
My oldest coin found today was a 1967 dime.

We've all seen can slaw, trash and clad so I'm not attaching any pictures.

My coin total for this year since March 17th (when I rec'd my Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500) is 400 coins:
37 quarters
72 dimes
19 nickels
270 pennies
1 Mexican peso
1 Mexican 20 centavo

I'm really loving my Legacy 3500!

HH y'all.

Frank

The BH is still one of my favorite detectors....I too, love popping out shallow targets with my screwdriver. I rarely have to dig a plug in the local parks. I know how you feel, it's a great feeling to retrieve a couple bucks and a surprise now and then....

Best Wishes...

HDD

Back
Top Bottom