Compulsive Squirreling Disorder?

Diggum

Elite Member
I just got back from my biggest clad haul ever!

While my son is in his jujitsu class, I typically go out hunting any local areas I can get to. I drove to my honey hole, but it didn't feel right, so I went to the worked out area I've been hitting lately with my 6" Nox setup. I had seen signs of digging (VERY obvious signs, that I try to kick back over when I'm near the holes), so I'd assumed a newb to the hobby was in the area. I went up to an spot that used to be one of the many grinding dumps, thinking maybe I'd find something old-ish. The first loud signal came as I swept over another of the many holes. "Doggone it," I thought, "Not only did this jerk not cover his holes, he is leaving his trash behind!" I decided I'd pull the aluminum can out of the hole and close it up.

Surprisingly, it was not a can! The first picture, below, is what I found. From there it was all gravy! There were coins in little stashes in a few spots, with random coins strewn about. In all, I netted $14.21 in change! Woohoo!!! :gettinmoney:

Attachments

• 20190706_094847.jpg
    20190706_094847.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 644
  • 20190706_104244.jpg
    20190706_104244.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 609
That is a huge haul. Congratulations!
Thank you, Lee1968!
Wow. Strange bit of good fortune there. Leaves a person with questions. :?:
Indeed, it does...
Those haven't been in the ground long. Very strange.
Right. The area they were in should preserve coins pretty well, but I doubt these have been there for more than a year.
Wow, very nice haul. Congrats.
HD
Thank you! It certainly upped my yearly clad total in a hurry! :yes:
Whoa I don’t think I’ve ever found that much in on plug!
Yeah, crazy! Most of the coins I found were in that first "hole". It was a large handful, and I shoved it in my pocket once I got the granite and twigs out. After that, I put them in my finds pouch. Weird. I'm tempted to go back in a few weeks and see if more miraculously replace the ones I found... :lol:

WOW, nice haul!

Maybe the newb had holes in his pockets?

.....or perhaps a panhandler stash? Be careful.

So the guy leaving all the holes was filling them with coins? That's awesome but I don't think he understood the manual correctly. :laughing:
Congrats on the pile of change.

They may have been planted them there for a joke. Someone did that to me once but it was old trashy zincs.

Amazing! It cant be a clad Bumstash... Bums generally subsistence hunt and roll over finds immediately at the corner stow...Its gotta be the work of some magpies or sumpthin' animal.... Like what happened to Lance and Andy on 'The Detectorists' S3 only their magpies were picking up and stashing gold coins...

Let us know what you figure out here..seems a mystery is afoot...I bet a sharp eyed magpie could make a haul like that near a store parking lot...

Amazing! It cant be a clad Bumstash... Bums generally subsistence hunt and roll over finds immediately at the corner stow...Its gotta be the work of some magpies or sumpthin' animal.... Like what happened to Lance and Andy on 'The Detectorists' S3 only their magpies were picking up and stashing gold coins...

Let us know what you figure out here..seems a mystery is afoot...I bet a sharp eyed magpie could make a haul like that near a store parking lot...

I have heard that crows like shiny things and put them in their nests. I bet they have many pull tabs and pop tops.

WOW, nice haul!

Maybe the newb had holes in his pockets?

.....or perhaps a panhandler stash? Be careful.
I'm going with panhandler stash. Just odd. I don't know how they would think they'd ever find it all.

So the guy leaving all the holes was filling them with coins? That's awesome but I don't think he understood the manual correctly. :laughing:
Congrats on the pile of change.
:laughing: Thanks much!
They may have been planted them there for a joke. Someone did that to me once but it was old trashy zincs.
The joke's on them, if that's the case! :yes:
Amazing! It cant be a clad Bumstash... Bums generally subsistence hunt and roll over finds immediately at the corner stow...
Normally, I'd agree, but this ain't no norma bum, rollin' over to the stow.

Squirrel on a string is my next detector. I just hope it doesn’t take six months to get to market. Lol!
It's a good band name, too!
Thank you!

You found exactly what Mud said a homeless person's stash. Had a huge signal once under a bush behind a low concrete wall. Two cans of beans, a frying pan, and a hunting knife. On a busy street in Covington Kentucky. I left it . I'm not a big fan of fried beans.
They probably needed it more than me.
But if it was any kind of money hey finders keepers.

Back
Top Bottom