curb strip silver and gold!

louiefinch

This is my third year of detecting and I really wanted to find my first gold this year. Tonight I finally found it with the 14K cancer pendant. It was actually an eyeball find laying right on the surface of the curb strip shining in the sunlight after a heavy rain earlier today. But I did run my coil over it before picking it up so I'm counting it. The curb strips I was hunting are actually freshly spread dirt as they recently tore up all of the curb strips and poured new curbs for a street reconstruction project.

Then I thought I had my second gold with the chucky ring, but unfortunately it is stamped 18Kt H.G.E.

I finished the night's hunt by digging the rosey in the curb strip on the other side of the street. Enjoy the pics and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 8-19-14-all.jpg
    8-19-14-all.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 726
  • silver-gold-front.jpg
    silver-gold-front.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 675
  • silver-gold-back.jpg
    silver-gold-back.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 685
  • gold-plated-ring.jpg
    gold-plated-ring.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 703
Gold and silver, sounds like a solid hunt to me! I've hunted curb strips before with no luck at all, I dont even think I found anything better than a zincoln!!!

Congrats on the silver and gold . I like hunting the curb strips also and always look for the ones with the old sand stone curbs. Nice work

cool find! we have half a mile street tear up and all i found was two shinny nickles hahaha...muddy and i dont know how to hunt it. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom