Vanquish unveiled now here.

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Got email.
14 Sep2019 Saturday 205 pm Eastern time in USA Will be unveiled via YouTube video evidently.

Last edited:
It's not the Equinox replacement. It is more likely the X-Terra series replacement with a few added features like waterproof and some multi frequencies. I read one Minelab engineer's quote recently in an Equinox field tester's blog that said the Gold Monster 1000 and the Go-Finds would be Minelab's last single frequency VLF detectors. So, if that is true, the X-Terras have to go bye bye.

Jeff

I really hope this isn’t the equinox 800 replacement.

Not often I’ll buy a new detector but just got my Nox
From the latest Ace series video Garrett put up on youtube, I'd say it is an Ace competitor. Garrett took an obvious "shot" at it in the video.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's not the Equinox replacement. It is more likely the X-Terra series replacement with a few added features like waterproof and some multi frequencies. I read one Minelab engineer's quote recently in an Equinox field tester's blog that said the Gold Monster 1000 and the Go-Finds would be Minelab's last single frequency VLF detectors. So, if that is true, the X-Terras have to go bye bye.

Jeff

:thumbsup:

Ok guys.. vanquish information released, so its simple question:
Buy Vanquish , Equinox 800 or just wait for better detector?

Got email.
14 Sep2019 Saturday 205 pm Eastern time in USA Will be unveiled via YouTube video evidently.

What I thought it would be. A stripped down Nox. Keep the Multi IQ processing, but simplify everything else.

A non-water proof multi-IQ machine with fewer/simplified adjustable settings and simplified audio/tones. The Garrett Ace series is in big trouble if the can get the Vanquish into the sporting goods/camping stores.

Tech specs for the three models copied from their website:

Attachments

• Capture1v.jpg
    Capture1v.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 679
  • Capture2v.jpg
    Capture2v.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 670
  • Capture3v.jpg
    Capture3v.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 707
In my opinion this new detector will offer quite a bit for the money. Minelab is showing no remorse in the domination of hobby detectors.

Too bad a us company can't seem to up their game to challenge. Mine lab knows what they are doing

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I don't see any ground balance feature in any of the ML specs. If it's not in the specs, it logically isn't a feature. Depth will suffer with no GB.

I don't see any ground balance feature in any of the ML specs. If it's not in the specs, it logically isn't a feature. Depth will suffer with no GB.

On the Equinox ML recommends setting the GB at zero. So, on a budget machine based on Multi-IQ i understand the decision to leave it preset. I do know that the noise cancel function is automatically done as part of the startup routine, which is kinda weird because you'd have to restart the machine to quiet the chatter if you stumble into some EMI, unless you can also adjust it via the menu.

Back
Top Bottom