Can Slaw cartoons

are you sure you are not a cartoonist for the New Yorker magazine?

great drawings.
Ha! While I have friends that are in the New Yorker, I have not sold any to them myself. But I've been around in other magazines.
While enjoying one of my passions (detecting), I realized there was definitely a need for one of my other passions (cartooning).
It just seems writing gags related to detecting over the last several years has been almost easy. Every week when im out hunting, I see something funny.
I may not always come back with treasure but I come back with material to draw!
One of my past books is a collection of cartoons related to collectibles. But my detecting cartoon book will be double the size. Right now its planned for at least 100 cartoons with other humor sprinkled throughout.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Love it! Very Gary Larsonesque! How about drawing me up one similar to this one?...Except with a couple of Detectorists afield with the mushroom clouds in the background...

caption: "I'll tell you what this means Norm! Switch freq, and do a factory reset!

Attachments

• nuclear-war-fishing-gary-larson-far-side.jpg
    nuclear-war-fishing-gary-larson-far-side.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 139
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I am excited to be able to share the book of cartoons once it is out!
Here is one more cartoon...
98fa90170f1c4f3c6ba3a2420f574977.jpg

I didn't find them funny at all. If you would have said you noticed these cartoons somewhere, and were wondering if people here thought they were funny,you may have gotten a more meaningful result. Without you pushing them or giving your opinion, do you feel you would have gotten a different result and more opinions ?

I didn't find them funny at all. If you would have said you noticed these cartoons somewhere, and were wondering if people here thought they were funny,you may have gotten a more meaningful result. Without you pushing them or giving your opinion, do you feel you would have gotten a different result and more opinions ?

What?:shock:

Funny is subjective. I found them funny! I found your post unwarranted. Nothing being pushed here.

Funny is subjective. I found them funny! I found your post unwarranted. Nothing being pushed here.

[ Examples of Push Marketing
In a way, push marketing generates demand with a top-down approach. The customer is not looking for your brand or your product.

Rather you’re pushing it through them. ]

I personally have no problem with him pushing his product. I was commenting and asking him if he thought there might be a different result if he were not pushing his product ,or letting people know the cartoons were his, in relation to opinions on whether or not they were funny.

[ Examples of Push Marketing
In a way, push marketing generates demand with a top-down approach. The customer is not looking for your brand or your product.

Rather you’re pushing it through them. ]

I personally have no problem with him pushing his product. I was commenting and asking him if he thought there might be a different result if he were not pushing his product ,or letting people know the cartoons were his, in relation to opinions on whether or not they were funny.

I misinterpreted your tone. "I didn't find them funny at all" was an odd way to introduce your question. I also didn't take the time to read his post initially. I just looked at the cartoons. My opinion was unbiased by his push. I'm not sure there would be a different response had I have known he was the author initially. I guess that's why your asking the question? I take it back. Your post and question just rubbed me wrong.

Since I have nothing to sell, I'm not sure what I'm pushing here by sharing. As I stated, when there is something to sell, I'll buy an ad.

You would have a point if he had said, "I'm thinking about trying to publish a book of my metal detecting comics and I want the honest opinion of metal detectorists. So, tell me what you think." But, that's not at all what he wrote.

No, if you go back and read his original post, he said he wanted to share some comics and hoped at least a few people would enjoy them. Free. No links to a book or website. If he makes a book he'll buy an ad/sponsorship.

So, he didn't ask you, or anybody else, to reply with whether they are funny (or not) and to what degree. He wasn't asking people for career advice, or how he might get honest opinions about his work. Yet, even though he didn't ask for comments, it looks like more than a few people--under no obligation to reply--actually did enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom