Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 09-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Surf Master View post
You Florida , and CA . Boy's are spoiled , come up here, I'll bet you won't find gold, excludes silver , and tungsten carbide ,
ahhh, c'mon, just take that puppy out to the nearest blighted inner-city park and dig foil and tab signals till your arms fall off. I guarantee that eventually you'll find a gold ring. Ok ?

Old 09-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Surf Master View post
You Florida , and CA . Boy's are spoiled , come up here, I'll bet you won't find gold, excludes silver , and tungsten carbide ,
You can't use where you live as an excuse for the lack of finding gold Earl... we put you on it here in CT with OBN... he found his fair share... don't use the wrong scoop as an excuse either... OBN broke his Miller scoop in our conditions and still found the yellow...

If you want to admit to me that you forgot to turn your detector on I may except that excuse

Banned Spammers 850

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:35 PM
Elite Member

Talking To Be Honest

I did had the wrong machines for the condition's , up thier , i didn't want to hunt long in that stink mud, so i hunted the dry sand with Captain Silver , i was after the Old silver with Bruce , Bottom line Old School I didn't strike out up thier Only wish i had brought the wright equipment here is 3 silver's Bra. PS Craig i hunted 3 weeks ago with the DF , who said i can't use it here, i will admit at my age digging ALL is work when you hunt -60 blocks , no stink mud iron infested beaches here , i AM GETTING a AQ , now why would i sell the DF Doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure that out , you need to get out of the house PS ill take Lisa hunting one day , she will find gold she liked the gold over silver chain , i gave it to her TOM just tring to get you all fired up howboughit
Attached Images

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, Sovereign GT, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , Euro Tek Pro, 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Last edited by Surf Master; 09-11-2019 at 11:18 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
What ?? The Nox overloads in black sand ? I thought the Nox was the cat's meow for everything, including curing cancer ??
I got it because I was told it worked in black sand. Tahoe has stretches of beach where the Nox canít handle the black sand. Iíve turned sensitivity down into single digits and managed to squeak out some shallow coins before the overload.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:17 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post
Chris are you hunting fresh or salt water? Just be aware in fresh water where iron lasts forever a pi can drive you nuts. Not that i ever hunted fresh. But in salt after a storm black sand wasn't what i was worried about with a dual field or Infinium. I for sure found some deep gold with my dualfields though. My Infinium wasn't as deep.
Fresh water.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Elite Member

Hey SurfMaster, I like that stone axe under the ice! You find that on the beach also?

Old 09-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Elite Member

Default A long time

Ago, found it down by a river , an Indian hatchet head, it's been so long , I can t remember were , but I think it was out West, I was 8 years old , when I toured out that way with my parents with an rv 51 years ago , Earl

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, Sovereign GT, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , Euro Tek Pro, 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 09-12-2019, 05:54 PM

Whites Dual field is best in black sand
nox is trash in black sand
i will smoke any nox in black sand with my duel field
my 3030 doesn't like black sand eather..
black sand is where the gold hides

Old 09-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by vegasplayer View post
Whites Dual field is best in black sand
nox is trash in black sand
i will smoke any nox in black sand with my duel field
my 3030 doesn't like black sand eather..
black sand is where the gold hides
Nice Haiku

Old 09-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by CarsonChris View post
Whatís an inexpensive PI machine that works in jet black sand? My equinox overloads in it.
Did you try dropping to single frequency and see if one of em can handle the minerals? Been curious about this being a prospector as well.

Holy balls, I own a equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro X 2, Garrett at Gold, Minelab Gold monster 1000,Garrett treasure ace 200, Bounty hunter SS 2, whites Prizm 2, Garrett ace 350, Whites prizm Iv, jr BH, 2 Off brand detectors,At gold,xterra 705(Sold it), whites xlt, 1 Large awesome wet scoop, 4 beach scoops, 2 Garrett at pinpointers (carrots) Iím sure Iím missing something else lol!

Old 09-13-2019, 06:39 AM
Elite Member

What mode are u using? Beach 2? If that donít work try field or park in a single freq. and raise the recovery to 5. Are you sure itís not trash.... like rusted cans? Because if it is trash you sure donít want a PI.

D. Meeker

Old 09-13-2019, 01:40 PM
Supporter

You could always go the surf pi diy way..costs less than 100 bucks!

Old 09-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Elite Member

i would go with a TDI beachunter if you want a pi they are great

best finds to date - 1821 capped bust dime ,1853 seated quarter, (2) 1891 seated dimes, 1874 seated dime, 1887 seated dime love token , 1777 half reale ,1805 drapped bust largie, 1914 barber half dollar,1812 classic head largie, 1864 2 cent piece,(1909 barber half dollar with a 1934 walker half dollar in the same hole together)1952 ben franklin half dollar