Artifacts while detecting

Nailfinder85

While on a recent vacation and doing some detecting in my once hometown, I couldn’t resist the urge to hit an old honey hole for arrowheads and native artifacts from years ago. It paid off, in 30 minutes my wife had her first arrowhead, white quartz with a broken tail and I found an old Celt or axe head. Thought you may enjoy.....
c297ee0b255a4f9f33e88fa2d9528277.jpg
a653343799eef00300607807cf6ca07f.jpg
e5ac8f71816973ab735778c15ccac9b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang those are sweet finds - around here, I feel anyway, I pick up something like that and I'd go to jail! Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's a CA thing, wouldn't surprise me.

Congrats, very cool finds!

Dang those are sweet finds - around here, I feel anyway, I pick up something like that and I'd go to jail! Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's a CA thing, wouldn't surprise me.

Congrats, very cool finds!

Depends on where you live and who owns the property. If there are human remains associated it is a no no here in Arkansas, unless you are the property owner or give written permission to the hunter. It is frowned upon by general society, and native american groups, but not by collectors in general. If on federal property, and no bones associated, then collect at your own risk, as it is up to the discretion of the property manager, ranger, etc. (who typically act like they own the property!). That is if they see you or hear of you collecting artifacts.

Back
Top Bottom