whites dualfield

Bigal0549

questions dualfield users now I bought this machine new to try pulse hunting first set of batteries that kellyco provided one battery exploded not even 30 days old & now theirs a white spot in the compartment so went on using after telling kellyco of course they didn't seem to care so I don,t do business with them for detectors now a year goes by still can't seem to get the hang of this machine come to find out after talking with craig their known for bad coils so I send in under warranty and get new coil okay now I don't really like this machine being mostly a minelab guy deceide two sell now it gets sent back to me with the buyer saying needs to be tuned very noisy and not stable stating hes used these all his life now I think hes talking about a pi pro that's very stable so I've been told now is the dualfield just a noisy machine or do I need it sent out to b tuned or do I just throw in the trash and never buy a whites again.thankyou please let me know your input

I am really at a lost as to what you are asking.

Did you have a buyer get his money back because he says it isn't working right and are you asking if you should throw it away?

Is it out of warranty? Sorry, your post is very confusing.

questions dualfield users now I bought this machine new to try pulse hunting first set of batteries that kellyco provided one battery exploded not even 30 days old & now theirs a white spot in the compartment so went on using after telling kellyco of course they didn't seem to care so I don,t do business with them for detectors now a year goes by still can't seem to get the hang of this machine come to find out after talking with craig their known for bad coils so I send in under warranty and get new coil okay now I don't really like this machine being mostly a minelab guy deceide two sell now it gets sent back to me with the buyer saying needs to be tuned very noisy and not stable stating hes used these all his life now I think hes talking about a pi pro that's very stable so I've been told now is the dualfield just a noisy machine or do I need it sent out to b tuned or do I just throw in the trash and never buy a whites again.thankyou please let me know your input
Call Warren at Warren's metal detectors in FL he isone of White's service centers and can give you solid advice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180406-222210.jpg
    Screenshot_20180406-222210.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 247
Call Warren at Warren's metal detectors in FL he isone of White's service centers and can give you solid advice.

That guy rocks. He gave me a new set of headphones after my warranty expired. I only had to pay the shipping.

Seems from reading your post that you are still under the two year warranty? If so I would send it back in to White's if you feel the detector is not right, perhaps you could meet up with someone local who is familiar with the Dual Field or pulse machines in general and get their opinion on how your detector is performing. My Dual Field went through three coil swaps within its 24 month warranty, two times with White's in Oregon and once with Warren. Each time I got the detector back from servicing it was unstable as soon as I entered salt water, the current coil fortunately has been trouble free for the past year.

First I’d like to say that Whites has great customer service. If they changed the coil then it is already tuned. My buddy uses a dual field and it is a bit noisier then my surf pi pro. Ps. Don’t throw it away. You could try trading it for some Minelab gear.

I need to apologize Bigal, I've been in drydoc for 2 months now (3 weeks post op rotator cuff & biceps tendon surgery). I came across like a total a$$ there.

As KENNE-BILL has mentioned...send it back. I've sent 2 DF's back and had nothing but great service. Once for a defective coil (they replaced it) and the other for a flooded contol compartment. From my own experience and knowing other DF owners, some machines are just problematic fresh off the assembly line.

DF's aren't intuitive either. It takes some time listening to and understanding what it's trying to tell you. Very much like a woman. Another idea is to test your machine up in the dry. Dedicate a good 2-3 hours. Nice 10x10' square patch. Ask a friend/family member to plant a penny, nickel, quarter, bobby pin, beer bottle cap, pull tab and a gold ring in the sand. Then practice listening to the sounds they make and guestimate what they are before you dig them up. Then go test on the slope.

Hard to say if it's your machine or your inexperience causing the problem.
Irregardless, I hope this post helps.

Al.. if you are looking for a smooth threshold with the DF its not going to happen... its chatty but it is deep... you will either have to deal with it or sell it... as to the white spot on the battery box just clean it out ... it won't harm anything.. sounds like the batteries were old.

With that big coil its reacting to all the minerals and everything else we deal with up here.. I found with mine as I went deeper into the water the noise level would increase.. just the nature of the beast..

its a good machine and you can't compare it to a Excal and the smooth threshold.. If Whites still made the 9.5 coils I would have had them put it on the DF but they told me they stopped making it.

Dual field

Okay sold this detector.then it was sent back stating it was choppy and out of tune.i have nothing to compare it to so he sent it back and I refunded his money.Now I tested again and it’s fine we’ll as far as I know.I did have a battery explode in the machine when I first had it so there’s a white mark in battery compartment.Now it’s out of warranty and I don’t want to send it in if nothing is wrong with it and look like a idiot.so I guess I’m asking for everyone’s input on the matter.Is this clear enough for poeple to understand?Thankyou Alex.

Okay sold this detector.then it was sent back stating it was choppy and out of tune.i have nothing to compare it to so he sent it back and I refunded his money.Now I tested again and it’s fine we’ll as far as I know.I did have a battery explode in the machine when I first had it so there’s a white mark in battery compartment.Now it’s out of warranty and I don’t want to send it in if nothing is wrong with it and look like a idiot.so I guess I’m asking for everyone’s input on the matter.Is this clear enough for poeple to understand?Thankyou Alex.

al maybe craig could try it and tell you if he thinks its not running right hes the dual field whisperer so ive been told :D

Let me take it for a spin.. give me a call and we can hook up.. I'll let you hunt with my blue... ;)

maybe next week craig then you can tell me what you think or you can take on loan and give it a once over thanks

Back
Top Bottom