Anderson shaft

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I happen to be on face book with Pete Anderson and he asked me to be on his EQ shaft test team. Ya me. I just got it in today. I was surprised how even light it was than the ML shaft. Very good CF... woven. You tall guys will like this .... lower shaft is 28" long and ive always like Andersons coil heads over MLs which i feel are to soft. Fits snug in the coil with a 4 additional spacers that can be used. Has a couple of holes for the handle and 3 for the cuff which i needed with my short ole arms.:lol: Machine.... cuff and shafts went together simply. I had one awe ha moment. when putting the lower shaft in make sure you put the Anderson logo on top so the spring pins fit. Wrong way and you think ..... hummm someone drilled the hole wrong. When you put the lower shaft in..... you have a two sided spring clip.... but also a nylon screw on the bottom to secure it.... there is NO movement with this shaft.

Ill take it out tomorrow and put some pressure on it since i got me a pair of water phones finally after doing the jack myself....... ML. Dont ya just love new toys?

Attachments

• 20180402_182117.jpg
    20180402_182117.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20180402_182059.jpg
    20180402_182059.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20180402_182043.jpg
    20180402_182043.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 110
?

Does the handle fit so the battery housing won't get flooded , i think TNSS posted the handle off the shaft , so is everything in line so no leak occur-es Dew :?: PS i never took the handle off mine , just tightened the bolt's, whats under it ? Another words is there any holes in the stock shaft under the handle , or is it just the lower piece to handle and 4 nuts

Surf...... shes veery tight on the shaft with those 4 set screws. There is a nipple on the bottom of the bottom half which goes into a hole in the shaft. Anderson drill two holes in case you want to move it. Also has 3 holes so you can adjust the cuff as well. Doesnt look easy to flood to me..... youd have to mess with something i think just removing the handle wont hurt anything. That looks like one of the ML locks...... but its for the set screw to lock the shafts in place... no real moving parts there.

Ill tell you tomorrow how it does...... cause im going to put another 7 hours of so on it ..... this time deeper water.

Surf...... shes veery tight on the shaft with those 4 set screws. There is a nipple on the bottom of the bottom half which goes into a hole in the shaft. Anderson drill two holes in case you want to move it. Also has 3 holes so you can adjust the cuff as well. Doesnt look easy to flood to me..... youd have to mess with something i think just removing the handle wont hurt anything. That looks like one of the ML locks...... but its for the set screw to lock the shafts in place... no real moving parts there.

Ill tell you tomorrow how it does...... cause im going to put another 7 hours of so on it ..... this time deeper water.

Nice shaft. I am on his list for a dive shaft for the critter. I will only use the stock shaft in early spring, late fall and winter. I can't wait to see what they come up with for a 24" one piece dive shaft.

Thanks for the heads up on that beauty. I will probably pass on a wading shaft though.

Back
Top Bottom