Winter Wonderland & Gold

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Last night went to bed hearing we were going to get an inch of snow and only on the grass as the temps were in mid 50's yesterday... 4:45 my phone rang and my 24 hour restaurant told me I need to get down there to plow as they hard 2 inches on the lot.. I have plowed them 3 times this morning we have about 6 inches and still snowing heavily right now... at least its supposed to stop by noon...

On to my hunt.. big minus tide plus west winds really pushed the water out allowing me to hunt some area's I couldn't get to in the past because of the suction mud.. its not fun feeling your feet getting pulled out of your waders.. its so difficult hunting this spot you need your scoop to help push out of the mud.

The ring is 6 grams of 14k and its a size 11... I am thinking of having it fixed for myself :D The wheat's are early 20's some of nickels 40's as well as the silver... not a lot of junk there... just deep targets and a sifter is a must... its not a site for whimpy hunters...

looks like I will be headed out plowing again soon :roll:

Did I mention I really hate this IPhone and its sideways pictures :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 764
Nice work on getting out in this weather and making some finds. I had plans to get out this morning too but the snow has the kids home for a few extra hours.

Question about the suction mud; are you actually hunting it or just wading through it to get to other spots?

Congrats on the well deserved yellow! Thanks for sharing...not the snow part:laughing:

Thanks 71DHB...

Nice finds if this isn't another april fools joke...
Enjoy the white stuff!

You know what Zee.. I enjoyed that joke yesterday :lol: last nights gold is the real deal :D I had a witness who I won't mention because he had a big bowl of skunk stew :yes:

Nice work on getting out in this weather and making some finds. I had plans to get out this morning too but the snow has the kids home for a few extra hours.

Question about the suction mud; are you actually hunting it or just wading through it to get to other spots?

Yes we hunt in it... if you stand too long while digging it really grabs you... its not fun to hunt in. it literally tries to pull your boots off and only way to get out of to push out with your scoop...

That's a Beauty! Very Nice save Craig!! Is that a OC Maryland find..:D

I just got 3-4 " overnight and this morning. The white stuff is as heavy as lead. No metal detecting for a few days here. Hey, you did well hunting and even made some $$$$ plowing. I'd say you had a good day.

That's a Beauty! Very Nice save Craig!! Is that a OC Maryland find..:D

Thanks Joe... its a stink mud find :lol:

Nice fat one congrats! :cool:

Thanks Irons...

Thanks for posting the snow. Reminds me of why I live in Fl. Been 80 degrees all week and people are swimming. :D Congrats on the yellow and the old silver. Here is a live cam on CWB. Go full screen. https://beachresortcondos.com/clearwater-beach-live-webcam.html

I want nothing to do with living in a warm climate... I like the changing seasons Greg... my wife wants to move south... cya :lol:

I just got 3-4 " overnight and this morning. The white stuff is as heavy as lead. No metal detecting for a few days here. Hey, you did well hunting and even made some $$$$ plowing. I'd say you had a good day.

It will keep the ticks down anyway Bubbaron... I have already pulled a couple off my dog.. I felt itchy the rest of the day. I plowed about half my accounts.. the commercials got plowed multiple times and that is where I make the good money anyway.

Wait a minute

Is this another fool's joke :lol: or the real deal , nice hunt, who had a bowl of stink mud ?:laughing: , that's no fair not sharing :( , OBN i have decided , since your my bro., to research all the swimming holes of the Chesapeake just for you , ill post them , we all at the Eastern Shore , wouldn't want any of the Western Shore hunter's to miss the window of opportunity :yes::D , beside's you found enough gold as Craig said :lol: to seed - hunting spots ,your posting ideal conditions over here from the -Western shore , your the best , instead of filling up the safe deposit box with gold , other's might see it as FOOD on the table :yes::D Remember the Pirate code , keep it going bro., Loose Lip's SINKKKKKK SHIPPPPPPS :hornetsnest::worms::secret::shrug::good::stop: PS Craig why do you complain about the White Gold- winter weather , What's the price of Craig's Plowing stock going for a share now day's, howboutit :?:

Last edited:
Congrats on the gold and some nice other saves as well! Your right, thats not a place for wimp hunters. I got spoiled by sun and sand and I'm not moving. Had enough of snow and cold growing up in NH.

That's a beautiful vintage ring Craig...congrats on the gold, silvers and the rest!

Thanks Bruce... you make any money today?

Thanks Lew... ;)

ThAt sure is a purty vintage ring!

Thanks ugadigger... :grin:

congrats very neat ring i love the spartan on it :D

Thanks Mark...

Wow...you earned that! Congrats!

Thanks Metal...

Is this another fool's joke :lol: or the real deal , nice hunt, who had a bowl of stink mud ?:laughing: , that's no fair not sharing :( , OBN i have decided , since your my bro., to research all the swimming holes of the Chesapeake just for you , ill post them , we all at the Eastern Shore , wouldn't want any of the Western Shore hunter's to miss the window of opportunity :yes::D , beside's you found enough gold as Craig said :lol: to seed - hunting spots ,your posting ideal conditions over here from the -Western shore , your the best , instead of filling up the safe deposit box with gold , other's might see it as FOOD on the table :yes::D Remember the Pirate code , keep it going bro., Loose Lip's SINKKKKKK SHIPPPPPPS :hornetsnest::worms::secret::shrug::good::stop: PS Craig why do you complain about the White Gold- winter weather , What's the price of Craig's Plowing stock going for a share now day's, howboutit :?:

Earl... I don't think if Joe seeded your beaches it would help you :lol:

Craig you are a real man. Snow and mud are just not a recipe for fun. Nice finds. Sorry but I'll take the sun and sand. I know, I'm a sissy!:yes:

DD.. its part of the hobby if gold was easy to find everyone would be doing it.. I mean everyone does it in FL because their is nothing else to do except get old :lol:

excellent finds, what is that white stuff?

Thanks Beach... that white stuff is gold :D Today was a easy day to make $250 an hour plowing...

Back
Top Bottom