• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A little gold after a mild storm

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Hit the wet sand a few days ago after we got hit with a little rain. Wasn't expecting much change in sand conditions but I was hoping for just a little erosion. Targets were few and far between and If it wasn't for a small 1.3 gram 14k ring, It would have been a sad drive home. Managed $6.14 in clad. The stones on the ring are Moissanite.

Hoping the upcoming round of storms opens up some action on our sanded in SoCal beaches.

Thanks for looking GL & HH!:cheers:

Attachments

• 20180301_131813.jpg
    20180301_131813.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 540
  • 20180301_132213.jpg
    20180301_132213.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 20180301_132112.jpg
    20180301_132112.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 503
:dingding: I don't think there are any sad drives home after detecting, just happier ones! :yes: Nice little score and good clad too!

Exactly!

I just did acid stone removal on a couple ounces of gold...I asked if I needed to frost the CZ's to differentiate them from the diamonds (using hydroflouric acid, dangerous stuff).

"Nope, I just sell it all to the diamond buyer, I get a better price if I let them determine what has value and what doesn't"

Moral...make sure your jeweler is buying reputable diamonds!

But if you don't care, just buy the prettiest and don't worry about what the stone is actually made of!

Awesome job Slim- you sure have a knack for sniffing out the gold! :yes:

Thanks George! Got lucky on this one, I was zig-zaggin the wet sand looking for pockets and luckily I crossed paths with a little gold :D

Stones were not where the money is anyway. Congrats on the yellow

Thanks ScubaDetector! Your right man, stones this small really don't fetch any serious cash :yes:

On a side note, I cleaned up the ring and re-tested the stones and now they come up as Diamonds, I guess the dirt/oils on the stones were throwing off my gem tester.

Very nice result with the gold!

-Jerry

Thanks for looking Jerry! :cheers:

Sweet.can't beat a gold ring.

Thanks metaladdict! :cheers:

Moussanite ?

Nope! They turned out to be diamonds after all :grin:

Congrats on the gold. Hope this storm will help move more stuff and sand around for you.

Thanks Jamflicker! So far the storm hasn't done much for me :no: Hopefully the storm helped you out on the turf :yes:

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for looking 71DHB! :cheers:

:dingding: I don't think there are any sad drives home after detecting, just happier ones! :yes: Nice little score and good clad too!

Thanks Felix! It's just the horrible jam packed traffic that makes me sad :no:

Aww that's a pretty design :) Congrats!

Thanks Kapi!

Nice catch, good luck with the coming storms!

Thanks Z! So far no luck with the storms, I might give it another try this afternoon though..

sweet gold ring! I'll take that over clad anyday!

Thanks ugadigger! :cheers:

Moissonite or no...still a beauty!

Thanks cntrydncr1! I gave the ring a thorough cleaning and retested the stones and now they show up as diamonds, apparently the dirt/sand/grime/oils that were on the stones was throwing off my gem tester..

Exactly!

I just did acid stone removal on a couple ounces of gold...I asked if I needed to frost the CZ's to differentiate them from the diamonds (using hydroflouric acid, dangerous stuff).

"Nope, I just sell it all to the diamond buyer, I get a better price if I let them determine what has value and what doesn't"

Moral...make sure your jeweler is buying reputable diamonds!

But if you don't care, just buy the prettiest and don't worry about what the stone is actually made of!

Thanks Michigan_PM! :cheers:

Good Job Davy.....Was it a moonlight hunt?

Thanks Rich! Nope I was out during the day believe it or not :D Got lucky on this one though, targets were slim! :yes:

Pretty ring, congrats on the gold!

Thanks GroundSweeper! :cheers:

nice bit of yellow

Thanks melbajoe! every bit helps! :D

:cool: looking ring congrats :D

Thanks brncofan! :cheers:

Wow, that ring is a great find for sure.

Thanks KiowaRd! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom