Hell of a day in the foggy drizzle!

IDXMonster

Elite Member
I guess this is "coasting" after my goal was met....with the THIRD Stander from this same park in 4-5 weeks. When it rains it pours,and it did it literally and figuratively today! This is just a normal old ball field from the late 20's/early 30's. EVERY ONE of these types of places that I've ever hunted has produced a nice amount of deep old coins,most at 8-9",occasionally a bit shallower or deeper. The HUGE key is a big coil,you'll probably never see most of these coins without one! Just my observations...
Happy hunting to all...

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 232
What are my big coil options with the AT MAX? Is the stock DD coil considered a big coil?

AWESOME finds!

iDX bringing home the goods .......again👍
What an amaizing stander !!!!!
You do realize your starting to make me wanna blow chow with your continuous postings of loot😐
What is this ??? Some kind of Vidio game for you ?
Who gave you the cheat code ?
Do you even dig clad quarters anymore ?
Not worth your time I bet ...
sick ! You make me sick !!!!

Anyway ... for real , love the post and the photos .
Congradulations on the absolutely killer day buddy .
You keep pimping your detector but we all know it takes an operator to pull off a day like that .
AmaiZing !!!
, Dew

What are my big coil options with the AT MAX? Is the stock DD coil considered a big coil?

AWESOME finds!

Thanks Stiffwrists! I'm not going to ask WHY the wrists are stiff,so we will move right along...;)
As far as a I know, the 8.5x11 is the largest coil for yours right now,but there might be ones that would be larger that you could use if it's based off the ATPro. What you want is something that is 13" WIDE...like a NEL Tornado or similar. It's been said that as soon as the width gets more than that,sensitivity drops a certain amount,but that's all heresy as far as my knowledge of it is concerned. I know that guys use the 15" round WOT coils for various machines and they work really well,so soil conditions may be a factor there.
Anyway...thanks again!:grin:

Thanks Stiffwrists! I'm not going to ask WHY the wrists are stiff,so we will move right along...;)
As far as a I know, the 8.5x11 is the largest coil for yours right now,but there might be ones that would be larger that you could use if it's based off the ATPro. What you want is something that is 13" WIDE...like a NEL Tornado or similar. It's been said that as soon as the width gets more than that,sensitivity drops a certain amount,but that's all heresy as far as my knowledge of it is concerned. I know that guys use the 15" round WOT coils for various machines and they work really well,so soil conditions may be a factor there.
Anyway...thanks again!:grin:

Thank you. I'll look into the larger coil options for the AT PRO and see if they are compatible. BTW the stiffwrists are from all the swinging and digging! (And carpal tunnel issues)

Nice oldies ,congrats.Where you using the explorer? How big of a coil?

That slq is in awesome shape

Thanks Wood! I was using the CTX and 17x13 coil. It's the coil I use 90% of the time,because it hits even the deepest of wheats really well,even in Auto+3 which I have reverted back to as of late. It's an INSANE combination for deep coin hunting because of the ID accuracy. Even if the coin is at the 8-9" range on the meter and the coin really IS at 8-9",I can say with almost point blank certainty if it's a copper or silver. I have to be using High Trash Separation for that to happen,but it's correct 95% of the time,even at that depth. That's why I dig virtually NO junk and minimal wheats,even though I dig them even if it says it's a wheat,because I can't help myself. With the exact same settings(and I've tried this for myself)the stock coil will BARELY hit the deep ones that I've tested...and that was already knowing where the target was. That is always the biggest thing...the initial hit. The huge coil is paramount for those really deep finds,IMO,because you can still run it with nice stability in Auto and get the depth needed.

iDX bringing home the goods .......again👍
What an amaizing stander !!!!!
You do realize your starting to make me wanna blow chow with your continuous postings of loot😐
What is this ??? Some kind of Vidio game for you ?
Who gave you the cheat code ?
Do you even dig clad quarters anymore ?
Not worth your time I bet ...
sick ! You make me sick !!!!

Anyway ... for real , love the post and the photos .
Congradulations on the absolutely killer day buddy .
You keep pimping your detector but we all know it takes an operator to pull off a day like that .
AmaiZing !!!
, Dew

Thanks again Brad,I knew you'd like the pic I sent!:grin: The key to all this is just knowing that the site has coins. Back to being a "true believer". Even if you haven't seen it,they MUST be there! You need to get a huge coil for your eTrac and go to all those old ball fields you've hit before,you will crapp yourself. The big coil IS the cheat code,guaranteed. I used my harness today and the CTX with that monster coil was just floating on the grass,no arm issues,no shoulder issues...running nice and stable in Auto+3...not falsing on every little tiny thing. When it hits a deep coin the signal is nice and repeatable,really stable and short. I know I'm onto something. THEN I look at the meter for the depth...9-11" it says,the numbers are in the mid-high 40's...dig silver coin. Game over. It's SO easy(and I don't want to sound like an ass saying it)anybody who's been detecting for any amount of time could do it. NOT saying it's a given,but it's as close to it as it gets.
I'd love to see what a big coil would do for you,I think you'd really be shocked at what's still out there. I know you run it as hot as you can in Manual Sens,but the field of the coil HAS to be large enough in the first place to reach really deep. It's simple physics,about which I know nothing.:grin: I just know what I'm doing works.
Monstrous coil
Site with good potential
Nice even sweep..not TOO slow!
Grid grid grid!
We'll talk later...:grin:

Nice digs !!!! Love the stander. like to see the back too....
There are a few things that I have noticed about the 17 though......first, sometimes it can be a tad bit unreliable when trying to pinpoint the target(which is really no big deal, unless you're on someone's manicured lawn and are trying to keep the holes small....)
The second is that I find the 17 will tell me a target is ten down but it'll end up being 8...
You are right about digging trash though, I generally don't come back with any nails and junk iron....maybe a larger bolt or big square nail sometimes, but that would be a 8-11 inch deep signal at which point I do think the machine loses accuracy.....
Sometimes I do wonder if I do run my screen too narrow, but I always seem to find deep deep coins so i'll keep runnin this way.....
LOVE LOVE LOVE the CTX........Just can not say enough about this machine......

Thanks again Brad,I knew you'd like the pic I sent!:grin: The key to all this is just knowing that the site has coins. Back to being a "true believer". Even if you haven't seen it,they MUST be there! You need to get a huge coil for your eTrac and go to all those old ball fields you've hit before,you will crapp yourself. The big coil IS the cheat code,guaranteed. I used my harness today and the CTX with that monster coil was just floating on the grass,no arm issues,no shoulder issues...running nice and stable in Auto+3...not falsing on every little tiny thing. When it hits a deep coin the signal is nice and repeatable,really stable and short. I know I'm onto something. THEN I look at the meter for the depth...9-11" it says,the numbers are in the mid-high 40's...dig silver coin. Game over. It's SO easy(and I don't want to sound like an ass saying it)anybody who's been detecting for any amount of time could do it. NOT saying it's a given,but it's as close to it as it gets.
I'd love to see what a big coil would do for you,I think you'd really be shocked at what's still out there. I know you run it as hot as you can in Manual Sens,but the field of the coil HAS to be large enough in the first place to reach really deep. It's simple physics,about which I know nothing.:grin: I just know what I'm doing works.
Monstrous coil
Site with good potential
Nice even sweep..not TOO slow!
Grid grid grid!
We'll talk later...:grin:

interesting theory Kev ,
Only one thing to do ...test it .
I'll have to drive down next weekend .
To the same location your finding all those goodies 😎
You know For research ... lol
Side by side . I'll go over your best ground first and then you call follow and see what I missed 👍
Yup good plan 😎

Dude what a day!!! Congrats! I hope to get me one of them there standers soon! Well done!

It was a bit shocking,they just kept coming. I don't understand necessarily what the conditions have to be environmentally for this to happen but I've experienced it before....one day,zilch. The next day,same spot...everything.
Thanks Cellr! Apparently once you find ONE you find MORE! I hope that's the case with you as well.:grin:

That SLQ is beautiful. Congrats on the great hunt and finds.

Thanks Jason,it's not an everyday deal unless I'm just in a really good spot. Even then,it's certainly not a given! This ball field does not have that much garbage,even though it's older,so that's a huge advantage as you know.
Have a good week!

interesting theory Kev ,
Only one thing to do ...test it .
I'll have to drive down next weekend .
To the same location your finding all those goodies 😎
You know For research ... lol
Side by side . I'll go over your best ground first and then you call follow and see what I missed 👍
Yup good plan 😎

Next weekends no good but the weekend after that....you're welcome to give it a shot!:grin:

Back
Top Bottom