im back and I could use advice

flier

Hi guys year or two ago I had to sell my stuff for money, at the time I was salt beach hunting, It was ok.
back on my feet now and Im really interested in looking for coins and relics. I did find a two cent coin at one time and I got hooked on coins!
I live in Southern New England. Budget is about 300-400ish
Looking at:
Fisher F2 I did have one before and I liked it but I would like to grow with my machine, Im no expert at all.
F22?? Is this just a newer but same as the F2
F44 has manual balance i think. Its been out for a couple years wondering if folks still like it
ATP pro- Do I really need it? is it work the extra $$$. It is well regarded. but I have read about speaker problems after a period of time in use.

Ill prob get out 2 - 4 times a month. And hit the DRY beach once in a while when I get the urge. I dont care if it's waterproof

Couple years Ill get back into salt with a proper salt water machine again. I just want to get a decent "dry" machine because I'M JONESING!! lol

Any other model suggestions would appreciated,.
I've read a bunch of reviews and I would rather trust the folks here as it's a terrific forum with great people. I'll admit I'm a bit of a troll. I don't post much, as I really don't have much knowledge to share but I do enjoy reading!

Thanks so much,
Tom

Ameritek Patriot...$399 and free shipping with a discount number you can get from a lot of people.
Extreme amount of settings and abilities, it is a rebadged exact clone of the much more expensive $700+ F70.

Major depth, I loved my F2 but eventually outgrew it.
After almost 4 years with an F70 I am not even close to doing that.

Tom...good to see you're back on the board! As Digger said,one of the newer machines like he mentioned would very likely get you finding a lot of stuff. The thing you must consider is target ID and at what depth you expect to be finding coins. It's no secret that Minelab has the best ID AT DEPTH in the market,and with the new Equinox series of machines getting ready to hit the market around XMas,you might do a little reading on them as well. I would highly recommend even a used Explorer,as they can be had on the right day for the price you mention(400-ish). And as far as outgrowing an Explorer...it won't happen,guys who have had theirs for a decade are still finding ways to tweak them for better site specific performance.
There are many machines to choose from,I don't think you'd be disappointed by anything mentioned yet.
Good luck with the return to the hobby! And don't forget...the dumbest question is the one not asked!:grin:

A good used Tesoro Vaquero is a blAst ! No numbers but manual ground bLance , manual discrimination , manual sensitivity and manual threashold has its advantages . It's deep and a killer . Faster then !!!!.

I hunt with and Etrac most of the time but I'll never ever give up the Vaquero.
A sleeper in all catigories đź‘Ť
Many great ideas listed above so make a list and watch for a deal .
Just gotta get out and hunt . Sometimes the weapon of choice is not as important as we like to think.

Reliability and effective . The rest is all fun .

HH, Dew

A good used Tesoro Vaquero is a blAst ! No numbers but manual ground bLance , manual discrimination , manual sensitivity and manual threashold has its advantages . It's deep and a killer . Faster then !!!!.

I hunt with and Etrac most of the time but I'll never ever give up the Vaquero.
A sleeper in all catigories đź‘Ť
Many great ideas listed above so make a list and watch for a deal .
Just gotta get out and hunt . Sometimes the weapon of choice is not as important as we like to think.

Reliability and effective . The rest is all fun .

HH, Dew

Hi Dew I'm actually ready to pull the trigger on one from that company. I may even join the compadre church I keep reading about . But this model you speak of seems very tempting. I do like simpler things in life. I'm not a bell and whistles kinda guy. Thanks a lot man

The F2 is a good machine but it cannot handle wet sand let alone a little bit of ocean water.

Craigslist is always good. Lots of people get into the hobby thinking they'll come home with a piece of gold every time out and quickly quit and look to sell their machines.

Where about in S.N.E. are you? I'm just outside of Providence...

Hi Dew I'm actually ready to pull the trigger on one from that company. I may even join the compadre church I keep reading about . But this model you speak of seems very tempting. I do like simpler things in life. I'm not a bell and whistles kinda guy. Thanks a lot man

Go with the V and the adjustability , the church is fine but your already experienced to use the manual adjustments . Take advantage of the depth difference . From the smallest gold or button to bumping against a steel fence post . It's a no brainer . It's not a simple machine because it's manual adjust . You can also run in pure V C O . Amaizing unit
It's a dream in the thick woods . You can also remove the Conroe box and mount it into a waster tight storage box it's very small and bang ! Waterproof . You want to go all sea hunter with more depth? Pure VCO with a little threashold humm? Or dial in a little disc . Those clear plastic boxes with the double sealed hinged lid a hole drilled and filled with silicone and your scooba Steve .
Just saying .. if you can swing it .

Wow what a week. Lol
I appreciate you guys chiming in.
So I scored a Garrett Infinium LS in great shape. At the same time I ended up buying a compadre lol. So yes I went over budget lol. I really didn't mean to buy em both but heck. I'm gonna keep them.
I had the LS in my yard. It was really noisy at first. But I figured out balancing it. And I had a few high and low hits. I'll dig em tomorrow. The church comes In this week .
So I got me a quick little light machine for the park grass, and I can still hit the Beach this fall! I still have my wet beach scoop!
Thanks again guys for the help.
Silver seeker. I'm not far from Providence

Back
Top Bottom