What should I do??

rayc77

I have a racer 2 that I'm thinking of selling and getting an AT Max. Any thoughts or suggestions. I will be doing mostly beach hunting. I have the Garrett Sea Hunter for water & thinking the Max for the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your going the wrong way imo..I don't beach hunt a lot,but if I did I'd get at least a explorer from Minelab.Those FBs handle beaches great from what I've read.

BBS for beach wet or water

Dry any VLF or FBS will be fine.

If you are just hunting the beach (dry sand) and a lot of it, You may want to stick with the Racer...Its a lot lighter and easier to swing than the AtPro series of rigs...I have an AtPro and an F70...The F70 gets the dry sand work on account of its fast and light and deadly accurate with the tones...The Pro is used in the water where its unique strengths can be maximized...

You can find some good stuff on the dry sand on account of most hunters head straight into the water...the dry sanders work the main areas. However, theres little areas off to the sides of the main access points on the high sand that seldom see a coil...might even be up in the dune grass a bit, little private nest kind of dealies...you will know it when you find one...

I have miles upon countless miles of dry sand here, so I need a really fast light rig to work it comfortably...the Pro is just not balanced enough to swing these huge expanses in any kind of comfortable way for more than an hour...

I have a racer 2 that I'm thinking of selling and getting an AT Max. Any thoughts or suggestions. I will be doing mostly beach hunting. I have the Garrett Sea Hunter for water & thinking the Max for the beach.

Well... What I think is that you have a couple of months to think about it, since the Max isn't released, yet! LOL

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for you input. Like Skippy said I have time to decide.

Back
Top Bottom