The CTX truly amazes me

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, had a chance to get out this morning, planned on earlier but was waiting for my new carrot to show up in the mail. Post office opens at 930 and by 1030 I was at a ballfield I have probably had my coil over every square inch at one point lol I've literally abused this field with many detectors and have had great success here. I stopped going here awhile back cause it was getting tough to pull oldies out anymore. But I knew there was more there and was hoping to score maybe a silver or two but I was meeting a fellow forum member at the same time to go out for a short hunt. Almost immediately I realized there was still a lot to be had here. Started with a couple wheats and some clad, and then I got what I though was another wheat based on the tone and it was the bent merc. Already happy I was able to get some shiny stuff and bury the three hunt slinking streak I was on. Not long after I hit a 3 consecutive wheats and the the regular merc. I walked over to Marshall and told him I had to run the wife wants to go to the gym. :lol: he said I want you to check a signal for me on the walk back. We started for the cars and I got a broken high tone, that was putting off quarter numbers, possible silver quarter. I popped the plug and pulled two nails out. I said I know there's at least a clad quarter in this hole, removed some dirt from the sidewall and saw a silver rim! I said to my buddy, it's a silver Washington quarter! Called him over, snapped a pic and pulled her out to find that it wasn't a quarter, it was a walker half! My first big silver since 2015! To be able to host a hunt that produced all these coins in an area I've literally gridded numerous times felt great! This CTX is continuing to impress me! That plug with the walker had over 7 flat nails with it and there was still more in there! I went over the plug again and only received a null so I'm hoping it's only iron down there :laughing:. Had a blast and 60+ degree weather to boot. Marshall we will get together again soon. Added a token and toy gun found during the the three hunt slump. As always thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 549
Had a Great Time Jeff! Thanks for the use of your back up. Learned a lot just being able to walk, listen and watch. That last coin was funny though. You kept pulling nails and spikes out of that hole till you lost count and then the edge showed. Congrats on all the finds they were fun to participate in.

Congrats ! You are on fire with the CTX ! Maybe if I respond to your post, I will be able to pull a merc or something better than I have been as of late. :laughing: I'm in a slump and quite frankly, it ain't all that fun. :lol:

Holy smokes! I think your gonna need a bigger safe to hold all these silvers!
That's quite impressive to get a signal under all them nails,
BIG Congrats Jeff! That Walker is awesome!!

"On fire" doesn't even cut it, you be a cloud-o-plasma Jeff! How are you running that thing that it saw all that garbage in there with the half?

If anything could break through the iron, that big hunk of a silver half should. Congrats

Had a Great Time Jeff! Thanks for the use of your back up. Learned a lot just being able to walk, listen and watch. That last coin was funny though. You kept pulling nails and spikes out of that hole till you lost count and then the edge showed. Congrats on all the finds they were fun to participate in.
Great day bud! Will get out again soon keep in touch!
Shhh don't let people know about the ctx;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: I'll keep the ctx praise to a minimum :D
Congrats ! You are on fire with the CTX ! Maybe if I respond to your post, I will be able to pull a merc or something better than I have been as of late. :laughing: I'm in a slump and quite frankly, it ain't all that fun. :lol:
I hear ya man this hunt ended a 3 hunt blow below the belt! Good mojo to you, learned a lot reading your posts! Happy hunting!
Wow, what a find

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Dang bro that is awesome! Big congratulations for the big silver! Especially in a heavily hunted area

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks so much!
Great finds man! CTX is awesome!
Thank you :D I've also learned a lot from your posts, I appreciate your reply :cool:
Holy smokes! I think your gonna need a bigger safe to hold all these silvers!
That's quite impressive to get a signal under all them nails,
BIG Congrats Jeff! That Walker is awesome!!
Thanks Ron! I initially pinpointed a nail, as you can see in one of the photos the coin was off on the side of the plug. Such a screwy signal but I knew there was a coin in there somewhere, had absolutely no clue it was gunna be a walker. Happy hunting! The water temp should slowly rise from here on out!
Those look like great hunts! Congrats on the Walker, Mercs, and cool token
Thanks man!
Congrats on the Walker, those are so exciting to find. That token is pretty cool also.
Thank you Jason! i really like the token, gunna try to date it when I get some free time :yes: happy hunting bud!
"On fire" doesn't even cut it, you be a cloud-o-plasma Jeff! How are you running that thing that it saw all that garbage in there with the half?
I appreciate the kind words IDX, I got the signal and it was a choppy quarter signal, showing 11/12-46,11/12-47. I originally pinpointed one of the nails. Eventually I pulled a few out and something just told me there was a coin in there. My settings are basically what you recommended. I took the stock coin program, set sensitivity to auto +3 and turned my gain up. I went higher on the gain because I remember I would always have a high gain with my other minelabs, but never maxed out, one or two below max always worked well for me. Happy hunting out ther man!
Great finds getting harder and harder to resist getting a Cox jealous

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Stupid key pad ment ctx

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
:lol: all good man! It's money well spent, plus the waterproof feature is huge! Seeing you hunt the ocean too if I remember correctly. Happy hunting!
Great job!!! :wow2:
Thanks !!!
Congrats Jeff.....definitely developing a case of CTX envy!!!
Thanks John! keep pulling the silver and gold and cash it in :grin: or clad. Good luck out there and happy hunting!
:wow2: nice digging..:good:
Thanks!
If anything could break through the iron, that big hunk of a silver half should. Congrats
It seems all my other machines missed it somehow. I'm almost 99% sure I've been over this signal numerous times. I must have hit it at just the right angle/sweep speed. I'm really not sure but happy to have it. Thank you, happy hunting!
That's how its' done...WTG.

Philo
Thanks philo!
Congrats on the silvers, especially the big one...I haven't found one either since 2015 :(
Thanks capt! With the amount of silver you find I'm sure a big one is in the cards VERY soon! Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom