ACE 350 Modes

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
I'm a coin shooter and usually find myself hunting city parks, curb strips and private yards.

What Mode do most of you coin shooting ACE users run in? I started out in COIN MODE and tweak my Disc as required, but use a Custom Mode.

Does anyone prefer to run in a Custom Mode or wide open and maybe cancel out for the trash? Do any of these options tend to get more depth or better performance?

Thanks in advance!

I run a custom which is basically jewelry mode with one notch taken off. I always use as much sens. As possible usually full. If the area is trashy I run coin mode.

I always use custom mode - from about pull tab and to the right. Of course this includes modern aluminium junk also and there's no way around it. But if the target is interesting i use also all-metal mod, also with sweeping up, down, left and right....
Notice that ACE will beep very high also when iron object is located just on the edge of the coil. Not to talk about rounded - iron objects...;)

Must say that some ancient coins (austrian heller and presumably roman) were beeping also a little bit on the iron therefore the iron is absolutely not to ignore!
If it beeps let's say five times consecutive on iron, i just pass and let you dig it... meheheh

With the ace series, any mode can be custom mode. Technically, you could set any one of the modes to the exact same settings, and they would all work the same. Just for kicks, I set Relic mode on my 250 to coin mode, although I generally do not have any dreams of finding relics at my sites. HH and GL.

Back
Top Bottom