Crowded Beaches

danm

The beaches near where I live are generally small and crowded. Apart from going early morning/late in evening, what tactics do people use in such places? I can detect at the ends of the beach. Any other ideas?

Although I've absolutely NO good track record for finds (despite the enviable finds from my esteemed fellow MDers here in Hawaii)... I agree, pre-dawn is best. Second best is 30 min past sunset.
Even then, the beaches have people here... joggers, swimmers, senior water walkers, surfers...

Go on over cast days, or rainy days and you'll usually have the place to yourself!

Crowded beaches

Hawaii must have both remote/deserted beaches as well as packed beaches. How do you approach each type? What are the main considerations? (I know more people equals more treasures.)

Hawaii must have both remote/deserted beaches as well as packed beaches. How do you approach each type? What are the main considerations? (I know more people equals more treasures.)

I don't think there is a single part of Oahu that's "remote" besides the mountains. That especially goes for the beaches. Some are always going to be more crowded than others. I would think tide schedule is the biggest consideration. I hunt mostly in the water, as I haven't found squat in the wet or dry sand at hickam, and my hunting area in the water is double at low tide than at high tide.

Back
Top Bottom