Foam padding a stainless steel arm cuff.

GaBeachsweeper

Forum Supporter
Ok all you detector modifiers out there. And, you KNOW who you are. ;)
I am wanting to pad the inside of a stainless arm cuff on my Garrett Sea Hunter XL500. Seems to me like there is some kind of foam stuff with an adhesive on one side. Like a peel 'n' stickthing but I haven't a clue as to where to find such. Max! Anybody! What do ya know guys? It will make things more comfortable for Miss Cheryl and I would like to learn if such is possible.
Thanks Guys, I bet I have the answer before I get home to my computer tomorrow night.
Happy Hunting
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!
Jim

Hey Jim
I was able to get my padding like wrote about from whites. It is called Elbow Foam pad.They also have straps,which i also added. You might want to give Garrett a call for I think they have the full pad. Hope I was of help and Merry Christmas. L.I. Mike

I went to Lowes and got some blue foam in the insulation department. It's about 1/4" or less thick. I applied it with 3M spray adhesive from an auto parts store. The foam is a closed-cell type, so if it gets wet, the water won't soak through.

low tide tim did the same and jason and it worked out pretty good.

I got a nice arm cup with the minelab GT..........it is a little tight for my arm this time of year with heavy jacket on.

but

here is the arm cup i have been using for over 4 years. i have them on all my shafts

i also have two of the garrets seahunter arm cups if someone wants them for F R E E, shoot me your address

I WILL POST THE NICE ONES IN NEXT MESSAGE, NOT ENOUGHT ROOM

Attachments

• ARMCUP GT 1.jpg
    ARMCUP GT 1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 386
  • ARMCUP GT 2.jpg
    ARMCUP GT 2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 406
  • ARMCUP GT 3.jpg
    ARMCUP GT 3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 391
  • garrette arm cups.jpg
    garrette arm cups.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 375
Use closed cell plastic foam, and 3M Type 77 adhesive (aerosol spray can). The closed cell foam is often used for packing material and comes in sheets of various thicknesses. You can use the 3M to glue the foam to itself in order to make thicker pads out of thinner stuff. The adhesive is a contact cement, and stays flexible.

You might also consider duct insulation. It comes in a roll with adhesive on one side and silver foil on the other. It's very thin, has an R value of 7, and is easy to cut. (It is also sometimes used to insulate and sound-deaden car body parts.)

Just a thought.

Guys! Great ideas. I will look into each and see which works best on this detector cuff. I knew I could count on you all to answer my question. Any other ideas out there? Thanks a Bunch!
Jim

Back
Top Bottom