Equinox in Fresh Water- which Mode?

Compass

Forum Supporter
I've been using the "Gold Mode 2" in fresh water and I really like it. It seems deeper than the other modes, is sensitive to small targets and really sings out when it detects something.
However, I don't see anyone else doing this- Am I the only one? Am I missing something? Perhaps I like the single tone in Gold mode because it reminds me of my PI detectors. I do rely a lot on the Nox target ID numbers which I've never had before.
The machine is a little chatty in Gold mode but I'm used to that from working in black sand a lot. In the black sand you have to listen for repeating signals- same with the Nox in Gold mode.
Any other "Gold Mode" hunters out there? :?:

I would use gold mode because it is by far the most sensitive to small gold, but it doesn’t work at saltwater beaches.

If you can run stable in gold mode, use it.

I would use gold mode 1 thought.

George

Your finding gold bro., i would say the gold mode is working in fresh , great job, i would like to see you on a nugget hunt next, the weather is finally breaking here, happy hunting, Earl

Thought about gold mode for a beach volleyball court or something (in the hopes for thin chains/bracelets etc) but ended up getting the 600 on a deal :grin: Hopefully will make up for no gold mode with some big rings :D:roll:

Gold mode may not work well on a salt water beach anyway. I've only been using it near/in fresh water. :yes:

Yea I considered the salt issue as well. Don't think I'm missing too much not having gold mode. Would probably spend half the day picking out garbage since there seems to be more beer drinking than volleyball playing on my beaches anyway :)

If you are hunting in gold mode on MOST dry sand beaches...... bring a sifter or its really time consuming..... youd be amazed at how many tiny tiny high conductors and worthless junk is there. Id say.... use a sample of what ever you expect to recover..... do some mode testing. in the dry sand ..... field 2 is pretty deep even more than park or the beach modes.

Back
Top Bottom