White's new waterproof machine...

The engineer hired by Fisher is Alexandre Tartar. He has been developing his Manta series of salt water detectors for several years. The entire project was acquired by Fisher, including hiring Alexandre.

Carl Morleland - Engineering Manager at First Texas (Fisher/Teknetics) has posted that the prototypes are actively being developed into a highly capable beach detector in a fully up-to-date waterproof package - for release as soon as it’s done.

Alexandre is busy with this full time.

But you mentioned “boxes for packaging” - if by this you mean modern lightweight mechanical packages for the “guts” of a revolutionary PI detector, with great depth, very short minimum pulse delay (think small gold in salt water) and usable iron ID to full depth - then maybe that qualifies as “boxes for packaging”. In that sense, I’m sure Alexandre is busy with that as well as the overall development.

The engineer hired by Fisher is Alexandre Tartar. He has been developing his Manta series of salt water detectors for several years. The entire project was acquired by Fisher, including hiring Alexandre.

Carl Morleland - Engineering Manager at First Texas (Fisher/Teknetics) has posted that the prototypes are actively being developed into a highly capable beach detector in a fully up-to-date waterproof package - for release as soon as it’s done.

Alexandre is busy with this full time.
If prototypes are still being developed actual infield testing hasn't even begun. Sounds like a minimum 16 months away before a feasable product is available.
As I've said I will be near the front of the line (if there is international shipping available).

I think dissipating the heat and ensuring a water proof seal for lithium batteries in a commercially available product will be hard to bring to market.

I think dissipating the heat and ensuring a water proof seal for lithium batteries in a commercially available product will be hard to bring to market.

Doesn't have to be lithium. Whites crapped the bed by not using 10aa instead of 8. Perhaps in the future

You already use lithium in a BHID. Same lithium pack the DFX uses works in the BHID

If prototypes are still being developed actual infield testing hasn't even begun. Sounds like a minimum 16 months away before a feasable product is available.
As I've said I will be near the front of the line (if there is international shipping available).

Fisher engineer (Dave) was talking about their next big thing on Findmall and stated it was still a long ways off from release.

Carl.... said not to hold him to it, but looks like next spring. they already know what they have and are trying to equal a HOT aqua star for depth and sensitivity.... but are beyond what is currently out. Anyone who hunts strickly in the water should be following this machines progress.

Yes Craig i want another machine.:laughing:

Carl.... said not to hold him to it, but looks like next spring. they already know what they have and are trying to equal a HOT aqua star for depth and sensitivity.... but are beyond what is currently out. Anyone who hunts strickly in the water should be following this machines progress.

Yes Craig i want another machine.:laughing:

I'm excepting donations so I can relax instead of snowplowing winters Dew if you decide you have enough detectors now :lol:

Wet sand hunting is all about gold. OK, a bit of clad and even a silver coin or two.

The “enemy” is iron in all its forms - bolts, nails, Bobby pins, crown caps, fishhooks - you name it. These items cost you time if you use a PI detector and can even do it with a VLF myultifreaker when they “false” and you spend time trying to ID it.

The Manta seems to cleanly exclude or identify ferrous material. The question wil be if it can do this regardless of the target’s shape. Will steel bottle caps and washers be cleanly excluded?

If it can do this - combined with it’s demonstrated ability to “see through” nails and such, it will be a real breakthrough. Of course - hunting for gold jewelry means pull tabs and other aluminum trash are still an issue, but no technology invented to date can solve that issue.

Avalilibility of the new Fisher PI? Who knows, but my bet is this year. Fisher has several new platforms under development - some are no doubt years away from production and may be what Dave J. Was referring to in whatever post was mentioned above - the new PI however is completely the work of the Manta team in France and is much closer to being done.

Wet sand hunting is all about gold. OK, a bit of clad and even a silver coin or two.

The “enemy” is iron in all its forms - bolts, nails, Bobby pins, crown caps, fishhooks - you name it. These items cost you time if you use a PI detector and can even do it with a VLF myultifreaker when they “false” and you spend time trying to ID it.

The Manta seems to cleanly exclude or identify ferrous material. The question wil be if it can do this regardless of the target’s shape. Will steel bottle caps and washers be cleanly excluded?

Hopefully it does. But garrett said the same thing about the ATX.

The ATX’s “Iron check” button arrangement was cumbersome to use and by no means foolprooof. The Manta seems to offer Iron ID to full depth without having to push extra buttons or change modes - we’ll see.

Here is a prototype in action on a black sand beach in France - hope your French is OK! Seriously though, it’s pretty clear what they are doing.

Apologies in advance for posting this yet again, but....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

Back
Top Bottom