• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Golden Sunrise Hunt

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
This is my 2nd hunt of the year and it was a dry sand hunt as conditions were just not favorable to go in the water. My unposted 1st hunt of 2018 was a few days ago and there was nothing special to it other than a toasted silver bracelet.:( Today was just about getting out, enjoying the sunrise and having some fun killing the clad. Which I did! :yes: I was out on South Beach with the Deleon and the clean sweep coil for 4 hours. This was my 1st hunt with a new wireless headphone setup that I had gotten together last month and I like it quite well though I still prefer the sound of my old Koss. It’ll take getting used to I think. I saw zero pirates in the water and another 2 doing the dry sand like me. One of the other pirates came up to me. He was from France and didn’t speak any English. What’s sad is I think I knew more French than he knew English did and we parted ways when I said “bon chance”. :roll: When I got home I was astounded to see how much clad I had pulled. I thought I had done well but was surprised at the amount of quarters and the $1 coin which I hadn’t noticed since that was one of the 1st and came before sunrise. It was also neat to get the 1€ coin since that’ll get used when I go over for my next summer hike in Spain. ;) Over 170 coins and $13 in clad is a good hunt for me! No yellow other than the beautiful sunrise that I witnessed but that’s OK. Holiday break is over and it’s back to work tomorrow! :tissue:

Attachments

• 1-7-18 Sunrise.jpg
    1-7-18 Sunrise.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 439
  • 1-7-18 Cruise.jpg
    1-7-18 Cruise.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 432
  • 1-7-18.jpg
    1-7-18.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 434
  • 1-7-18 Coins1.jpg
    1-7-18 Coins1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 443
  • 1-7-18 Coins2.jpg
    1-7-18 Coins2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 1-7-18 Impala.jpg
    1-7-18 Impala.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 410
Glad someone could get out. My beach is covered with snow. Roads are still hazardous from Wednesdays snow. South Carolina is not supposed to be snowbound.

Attachments

• DSC01022.JPG
    DSC01022.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 401
Dang you still in the Felix pennies? I average 3 a hunt right now. During season there are more zincs that the stars behind the sun. Don't try counting:lol:

I was expecting gold Felix.. :roll: We had that same sun this morning only our air temp was a chilly 7 below zero.. warmed up to a toasty 14 today.

I was expecting gold Felix.. :roll: We had that same sun this morning only our air temp was a chilly 7 below zero.. warmed up to a toasty 14 today.

At that temperature its not the same sunrise! :lol:

Man I gotta get me one of those clean sweep coils! I just hate the idea of a coil being as costly as the detector lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I gotta get me one of those clean sweep coils! I just hate the idea of a coil being as costly as the detector lol!
I bought it used just like the detector. They're difficult to come by.

Like the Sunrise and the 61!! Pink kind of fits right in in that area.. My daughter use to live right there on Alton road, wish I had a detector back then...

May I ask what wireless setup you’re using?

Sorry to take a bit to get back. I wanted to get items that were inexpensive but had good reviews. I spent a good bit of time going over stuff on Amazon. I finally ended up getting the setup sooner rather than later because the headphones I was looking at became a "Lightening Deal" on Amazon and had $10 off from the regular $33 price. (Dirt and dry sand aren't my preferred hunts so I didn't want to spend too much money). Headphones are SMARTOMI HOOP Over Ear Bluetooth Headphones ($23.99) and the transmitter/receiver is ALTMAN ($15.99). They are both "APTX Low Latency" which from what I researched on here was important.

Attachments

• Wireless.jpg
    Wireless.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 242
That earring looks just like a pair I got for my wife while in Aspen CO last summer on business. Supposed to be an actual Aspen leaf dipped in 14K gold.

95% of your coins werent in gold range.......need to work on that. Youd have a really boring day if you disc out a penny and above.:laughing:

32 quarters and 31 dimes in the dry sand in the "off season" is pretty impressive, especially, with so many other pirates around. Fertile hunting grounds I'd say- congrats! :yes:

95% of your coins werent in gold range.......need to work on that. Youd have a really boring day if you disc out a penny and above.:laughing:

Now I know I would never by one of those newfangled digital babies where you could do this!

32 quarters and 31 dimes in the dry sand in the "off season" is pretty impressive, especially, with so many other pirates around. Fertile hunting grounds I'd say- congrats! :yes:

We have no "off season". Off season for locals is just in season for the Northerners, Canadians, Europeans, and Asians that come here.

Nice batch of finds! Even though they are not worth much, I like finding the foreign coins......

Back
Top Bottom