YAHOO I really can blame the wife for this one

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
So get this. I'm sitting here this afternoon , minding my own business, working like a dog and the wife comes in and tells me I better go hunting today because its supposed to get very cold here over the next few days and weekend.
I explained to her, well, I only have a couple hours before I have to go pickup the grandkids at school. She informed me a couple hours is better then none at all. So I seized on the opportunity, grabbed the 3030 and RAN to my truck. I went to an empty lot that's very close to my house, which I have hunted at least 30 times before. Have taken several friends there also. I have found several silver coins and numerous IHP on this lot. I am using my 17" coil, hoping it goes deep enough to find the hidden silver I have missed with the stock coil. Dug a few "iffy" signals, (About 10-12") and thought I'm wasting time, the clock is ticking.
I hit a target at about 10", was giving me a 10/35 VDI# but the tone was pitch perfect. You guys that swing the 3030 KNOW the sound I'm talking about. I thought okay, lets dig it and see. About 10" I see a very slight glimmer of a silver rim. I'm thinking NO WAY. But sure enough, out pops a 1876 Seated Dime. WAHOOOOOOOO!!!! First hunt of the new year and I'm on the silver train. Coin is very worn and thin, cant see the mint mark and I scratched it ever so slightly with my digger but oh well. Did I mention WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I dug a few other iffy targets but this was the only coin I found. But right here in winter mode, I couldn't be happier.
I was in
Coin Mode, +3, Ferrous Coin (Open Screen), Fast On, Saltwater On, Combined Tones.

Attachments

• 011018 HUNT.jpeg
    011018 HUNT.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 338
Congrats Jerr .. just think of all the 12/35 numbers and up you have skipped thinking they were just a little low ... šŸ˜Ž
Going after an Indian at 10 inches and pulling silver .
The CTX VDI is not as accurate as the Etrac at that depth.
You gotta go back and hunt all those old spots again brotheršŸ¤”
Have fun šŸ˜Š
Oh and congrats on the sweet seated !!! I'm very jealous.
, ,Dew

That's a excellent first silver of the season...congrats on the dig!

Way to get on the board with a seated. Congrats!

Excellent find!

:woohoo: congrats Jerr !

Congrats Jerr .. just think of all the 12/35 numbers and up you have skipped thinking they were just a little low ... šŸ˜Ž
Going after an Indian at 10 inches and pulling silver .
The CTX VDI is not as accurate as the Etrac at that depth.
You gotta go back and hunt all those old spots again brotheršŸ¤”
Have fun šŸ˜Š
Oh and congrats on the sweet seated !!! I'm very jealous.
, ,Dew

Thank You All , as soon as it gets warmer I will be out trying to keep up with all you guys.

Thatā€™s an exciting find Jerry because it just doesnā€™t happen every effinā€™ day! Really worn stuff like that gets left behind,well...we know why. Thatā€™s why I concentrate more on DEPTH these days than any other factor,other than repeatability. Iā€™ll say it again...I LOVE the 17ā€ because you can run it in AUTO and STILL get that kind of depth due to the field of the coil just being huge! Instead of driving the stock coil in Manual and just tickling the fringes...it hits like you just saw,and thatā€™s nothing to sneeze at. The 17ā€ is a HELL of a tool,and Dewsweeper knows something about TOOLS! Mainly...PROPANE TORCHES!:lol::lol:

Thatā€™s an exciting find Jerry because it just doesnā€™t happen every effinā€™ day! Really worn stuff like that gets left behind,well...we know why. Thatā€™s why I concentrate more on DEPTH these days than any other factor,other than repeatability. Iā€™ll say it again...I LOVE the 17ā€ because you can run it in AUTO and STILL get that kind of depth due to the field of the coil just being huge! Instead of driving the stock coil in Manual and just tickling the fringes...it hits like you just saw,and thatā€™s nothing to sneeze at. The 17ā€ is a HELL of a tool,and Dewsweeper knows something about TOOLS! Mainly...PROPANE TORCHES!:lol::lol:

Thanks IDX, liked your post on the 3030. Maybe one day we can get Dew over to the dark side and swing a 3030. lol. But then again, with his finds I guess he really doesnt need to.

Congrats Jerry, that's excellent first silver of the year, and on a deep smoothie to boot.

Good ear, sir!

Thanks IDX, liked your post on the 3030. Maybe one day we can get Dew over to the dark side and swing a 3030. lol. But then again, with his finds I guess he really doesnt need to.

If you SAW how he hunts you wouldnā€™t think he ever gets anything done! But I gotta tell ya, it works. Brad isnā€™t a big ā€œpost everything I findā€ guy, you donā€™t even know the half of it unless he told you. If itā€™s one person that Iā€™ve hunted with that I could legitimately say does NOT need to ā€œupgradeā€, it would be him.
You know what making great finds takes,and itā€™s not always easy. Between Dew and his son,they have this ā€œtag teamā€ thing going on, Bret is more of the scout and digs a lot of things all over the CO range. But with both of them going,SOMETHING will get found. It is a very cool thing to see them together.

Wow how exciting! Thank the wife for encouraging you to go! Congrats on pulling a seated from a hammered spot!

Back
Top Bottom