A 200 mile round trip For a 1945 D Dime

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
Got a phone call Saturday night . Yes ... at approximately 10 PM my buddy Trapper ( Jack n Jill ) had called me back after leaving several ..... hundread voicemails with his agent .
Turns out if I was willing to make the drive and hunt in the chili October rain he would set aside a couple hours in the morning . ( oh and I told him I'd try to fix one of his old falling pinpointers for free also)

Trapper Jack ( the Legond ) was doing his usual digging to China and extracting silver dimes from the earths core when he pulls a beutiful Native American arrow head from his pocket.

To find something like this in a plug just blew my mind. I would say it was a bit larger and was more likely a spear point.
I hope he gets time to post it as the magnitude of such a find is amaizing in itself but to actually dig it wile going after a wheat penny is remarkable.

We may have gotten a couple hours of coil time between the heavy rains and both ended up soaked to the bone but he took me to one his best honey holes and told me some of the amaizing things he had pulled there.
A great little hunt with a good buddy.
And one of my favorite Mercury dimes because of the adventure.
Call an old friend and get on some dirt .
To Airforce Mike , IDX Monster , Schmitzplumming, Mattmitt and the gang ....
It's time to get the baand back togeather for a day.
Let's do this thing !
, HH
Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 211
Thats one motley looking crue :laughing: nice merc! Hunting with forum members always makes a hunt fun, to hunt with Jack would be an experience not many would forget. Congrats dew :cool:

Any hunt with you guys is simply a true blessing and you never know what this crew can pull off. I have been so darn busy this summer with work and my new role but we need to just pick a date and make this happen. Miss this crew and the laughs we always have. Great digs Brad and hope to see you and the crew before the white stuff hits!!!

Thats one motley looking crue :laughing: nice merc! Hunting with forum members always makes a hunt fun, to hunt with Jack would be an experience not many would forget. Congrats dew :cool:

Motley looking crew ? Lol ... it's funny how we all show up in the morning with our gear cleaned up looking like we are paid big money from all of our sponsors and the manufacturers of the gear we run.
Then as the day goes on we just fall apart fighting over good dirt and sandwiches and cake. We look rough!

By the end of the day folks are throwing pocket change to us like we are a flock of homeless migratory birds. 😐
All except for Airforce Mike 😁 He always looks great and handles all press coverage and photo representation. Just look at that smile ! It's says Money👍

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 134
Motley looking crew ? Lol ... it's funny how we all show up in the morning with our gear cleaned up looking like we are paid big money from all of our sponsors and the manufacturers of the gear we run.
Then as the day goes on we just fall apart fighting over good dirt and sandwiches and cake. We look rough!

By the end of the day folks are throwing pocket change to us like we are a flock of homeless migratory birds. 😐
All except for Airforce Mike 😁 He always looks great and handles all press coverage and photo representation. Just look at that smile ! It's says Money👍

That smile says cash money!:laughing:

Arrow head?? Ok now he's just showing off! Congrats on the Merc Brad and yes...I'm in.

Ya Kev , We did not have a day like you yesterday... ( congrats on the handful of silver and the sweet stander again) hard to make a post when you only pick off a couple dimes . Hope he cleans it up and posts a photo ,,, it was all mud out there yesterday bit the thing might be quarts. Very cool .
I shoulda took a photo but he made me sign a co tract and I'm not alowed to use his image in my post without consent . And he blind folded me before he took me to the spot and was not permitted to take my phone .... again.
Funny he let me bring my bag of candy and a few bacon egg and cheese busquts from MCs, 🤔
Not to stir the pot but there is also rumors of him having an over 30 silver weak with a short hunt window yet today Monday morning . He maybe compiling one of his mindblowing last few days hunts posts.
trapper Jack the Legond did it to me last year .. I was over 150 for the year and even with somewhat mild weather for two days before the below zeros for. A week strait hit I went out and grabbed a few to get to 156 for the year. Thaught I was number 1 in Wisconsin for 2016. The silver sweeper they called me ... finally a heavy hitter !😎
O my to find out Jack took a couple vacation days and with the rare holiday weekend off he pulled like 50 silvers .. just smoked me ! 😐
God save the silver in 2018 when he is retired and not working 6 or 7 days a week .
There will be nothing left ...

Last edited:
Thank you Dew's for the company yesterday. I'm really sorry that I could not convince Mother Nature to allow us some comfort in our outing. Still your presence made for a great social intervention between the rain drops. You do know the song dancing between downpours. Any way glad to see the date on that Merc in the picture, our old eyes just could not focus enough to bring it out yesterday. Damm my cloths still have not dried off. Those grounds we were on have been fairly productive for me and I'm sure there is a bit more treasure left to be recovered. Thought the Arrowhead was the top recovery, a shame the very tip was broken off. Still the chiselled contour shows a lot of detail. The rest of my finds, the two Silvers. A "31" Merc and a "46" Rosie along with 4 Wheat's. Did add a little pocket change also. Not much take for a Legend.. The real treasure was sharing another super outing with this Forum only true Super Hero. His Fame is right up there with the likes of Batman, the Flash, Wonder Woman and Rocky the Squirrel. Brad I really did enjoy the time, Thank You. Trapper

Attachments

• 10-22-17 2.jpg
    10-22-17 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 10-22-17 3.jpg
    10-22-17 3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 10-22-17 1.jpg
    10-22-17 1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 10-22-17.jpg
    10-22-17.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 99
Thank you Dew's for the company yesterday. I'm really sorry that I could not convince Mother Nature to allow us some comfort in our outing. Still your presence made for a great social intervention between the rain drops. You do know the song dancing between downpours. Any way glad to see the date on that Merc in the picture, our old eyes just could not focus enough to bring it out yesterday. Damm my cloths still have not dried off. Those grounds we were on have been fairly productive for me and I'm sure there is a bit more treasure left to be recovered. Thought the Arrowhead was the top recovery, a shame the very tip was broken off. Still the chiselled contour shows a lot of detail. The rest of my finds, the two Silvers. A "31" Merc and a "46" Rosie along with 4 Wheat's. Did add a little pocket change also. Not much take for a Legend.. The real treasure was sharing another super outing with this Forum only true Super Hero. His Fame is right up there with the likes of Batman, the Flash, Wonder Woman and Rocky the Squirrel. Brad I really did enjoy the time, Thank You. Trapper

Thanks for the kind words Trap , Rocky and squirt? Now your giving away our age. Wow that Native American cleaned up well. just amaizing to dig a plug and pull that out !!! That's no marbel!
Congrats buddy

Back
Top Bottom