Waffles anyone?

OleSarge

Elite Member
In the couple of hours I had for a short hunt last week I headed back out to the old farm at Dupont.
The thought of finding a late 1800's/early 1900's stove top waffle iron isn't in itself so very odd.
But the thought of finding one half during a search in 2014, and finding the other half during a 2017 search of a area some distance from where the first was found is pretty unusual.
While it isn't gold or silver I really get a vibe from finds like this which speak so loudly of the history of a area.
The clad and tiny scull and cross bones were from the weeks hunt at both the farm and a downtown park.

AT Pro/GPP-AT/$9.98 ebay digger

Attachments

• waffle iron 1.jpg
    waffle iron 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 191
  • waffle iron 4.jpg
    waffle iron 4.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 198
  • waffle iron 5.jpg
    waffle iron 5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 187
  • waffle iron 2.jpg
    waffle iron 2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 192
We have a Griswold cast iron waffle maker and still use it on our cook stove.

Sidney Hollow Ware was made in Sidney, Ohio. Most of the ones I have seen are either marked "Sidney Hollow Ware" or "wagner - made in Sidney - O-"

I think you might have a fairly rare model but unfortunately they are not worth very much even in usable condition. But I may be wrong with this one so it might be worth looking into.

WOW, both halves? Now that is an unusual find.

Wire brush them, reseason them with oil and heat and you are good to go!

Nice

X-2 that one looks ot be in really good shape. A good scrub down and reseason and it will be good for another 100 years of breakfasts.

In the couple of hours I had for a short hunt last week I headed back out to the old farm at Dupont.
The thought of finding a late 1800's/early 1900's stove top waffle iron isn't in itself so very odd.
But the thought of finding one half during a search in 2014, and finding the other half during a 2017 search of a area some distance from where the first was found is pretty unusual.
While it isn't gold or silver I really get a vibe from finds like this which speak so loudly of the history of a area.
The clad and tiny scull and cross bones were from the weeks hunt at both the farm and a downtown park.

AT Pro/GPP-AT/$9.98 ebay digger

Man, that is so cool! I'd probably electrolysis that sucker up, re-build the blacking on the iron (season it) and USE IT. That would be awesome!

Very cool, and super awesome that you held onto the other piece! I'd have probably chucked it over a 3 year period...

Back
Top Bottom