Hello <got a question>

Chapel679

Hello people im new to this fun hobby..I just bought a bounty hunter 505 , I have been using it for about 2 weeks now .. I got a great spot to learn in , My grandmothers has a 1897 house on her property .Its still holding strong.. only found a 1906 baber dime and a buffalo nickel cant see the date on it. i get hits every couple feet .but im finding my MD is hard to read . i only seem to keep digging up old rusty medals that read 1$ and 5 cent and 25cents . kinda makes it hard when im shooting for coins. I know that theres tons of great stuff all over the place . Just having a hard time learning what my MD is telling me . If anyone got any tips on learning what the detector is telling me please share thx alot ....

Sadly, the best way to learn what your detector is telling you is to dig everything. Other more expensive models will do a better job, but you have to learn their quirks as well. GL!

Hello, I have a Bounty Hunter 505 as a back up machine. I took it out yesterday and found some coins at a local school. The 505 is a lot different from the higher dollar machines. With mine it will register aluminum as 25 cents, 50 cents and a dollar. Sometimes it will even register as a penny . I've found that it all depends on how big the aluminum is as apposed to how deep it is. ........Example...... If a flattened soda can is a few inches down this will read a dollar. If the same flattened can is 6 inches down it might hit as a quarter. Seems that most machines are designed for coin sized objects and if you change the size and depth it becomes harder for the machine to accurately tell you what it is. The best thing to do is to dig them all and you will learn more about what to dig....With any detector though there is one basic rule.....If you don't want to miss it....Dig it.

Do this....Go out in the yard and put down a quarter and a half dollar...They should read correctly....Then go over a crushed soda can when you go over the soda can look at how it reads when you sweep the coil close to it and then start swinging the coil over it higher each time....See how the readings change that will give a little indication as to how it will do in the ground. By the way.. with the 505 ....when you get too close to a propane tank it will read a dollar :yes: But with the MXT if you do that with the sound turned up It will give you a headache. :lol:

I'm sure their are a lot of people here that have got signals and thought oh!! more junk or pop tabs that pulled some interesting things out of the ground.

Thx alot for your tips and info . I know I got alot to learn but im going to keep on grinding until i learned. I just ask myself why havent i got into this sooner :?:. Im so hooked . I got one more thing . Can one of you tell me if you can get old town maps where people lived in 1800's ect. from a library ..and will they let you copy it ??Thx again for the info...

Back
Top Bottom