I dig every target! Lol

When I'm at the beach, then mostly yes, in parks I cherry pick. It'd take forever to dig everything in a park

And what the hell is canslaw doing on a beach??

When I'm at the beach, then mostly yes, in parks I cherry pick. It'd take forever to dig everything in a park

Agreed. Beaches and totlots I dig everything. Public parks I set my ACE250 to nickel/dime/quarter and hope for the best. That gives me a chance at gold and silver and almost guarantees some quick clad.

Agreed. Beaches and totlots I dig everything. Public parks I set my ACE250 to nickel/dime/quarter and hope for the best. That gives me a chance at gold and silver and almost guarantees some quick clad.

Yes tot lots I mostly dig everything too, sand and wood chips are easy to dig in

It depends on the # of targets in the area and my mood. Beach/Tot, I dig everything. Park I'll dig what I want. Sometimes I dig the 'ugly' signals just to learn what my machine is telling me.

BCD

Part of being a good detectorist is knowing your detector and understanding what it is telling you. If my etrac tells me its garbage I believe it and don't dig it. But at the beach I dig everything because digging is so easy. I would suggest investing in a quality long handled sand scoop. I cant imagine digging out a deep quarter in wet sand with that little plastic scoop.

I've had the same detector for over 8 years. I'm pretty selective about what signals I dig. If I dug every signal, I'd wear myself out on screw caps and pull tabs. I may leave some good stuff in the ground, but at this point I trust my ears and the detector.

Yep...I agree! Its all site specific...even in a park a guy can stab a signal with a screwdriver and know for a certainty if its a good target or trash, foil, flattened crown caps, aluminum screwoffs, tabs, slaw......One quick stab tells the target...why dig it if its not worth anything?...leave it right there and move on!..Beaches and totters are a different matter, like you said, just super fast and easy to dig it all without thinking too much...

I used to hunt like that when I used a pulse then switched from hunting active beaches to not so active beaches and had to use a discriminating machine... I do dig every non-ferrous target... don't want to leave any hopes on the beaches I hunt for others...

It's a compilation of several hunts, but he's consistent... "can slaw, into the pouch". I'd rather watch this than those guys who are obviously seeding their hunts trying to make themselves look great.

R5

Didn't watch it but when I tdi hunt I dig up everything even obvious worthless clad. There are some obvious signals that I won't dig anymore just because I know it's worthless big junk
Starting with a ctx soon and hope to go from 3 or 400 holes a hunt to 100 or less

Well I think most of you would changed that habit, even in tot lots and beaches, if you were to use the Deus with the HF coil. If I were to dig everything, which I did at first, I would spend hours at each tot lot recovering a pouch full of hairpins and slivers of foil you can hardly even see. The great thing about the 80 kHz is the low conductive numbers are very wide spread. That is to say a small sliver of foil will read in the 10-30 VDI range. Anything conductive, no matter the size, will read very high like in the 80's-90's. Makes telling a piece of foil from gold very easy.

It's a compilation of several hunts, but he's consistent... "can slaw, into the pouch". I'd rather watch this than those guys who are obviously seeding their hunts trying to make themselves look great.

R5

It really bothers me seeing the same people always digging the most amazing artifacts. I suppose they have better hunting grounds. All the wooded areas around me have a thick impenetrable underbrush. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I hunt Ocean city I'll dig all at first then start cherry picking once I build a target history of the area.... In the Bay I dig everything until I get a good solid hit in allmetal/PP. Many targets can be deep and a faint disruption and giving a bad signal in discriminate, so until I get a good solid hit I'll dig. And I use Excalibur's only..

Back
Top Bottom