• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I declare Tuesdays should be named SEATED TUESDAYS

Safari Scott

Elite Member
Mixed up my hunting today a little bit. Saw low tide was 7 am and I thought I should get to the silver beach pull a couple quick ones and be on my way to the next spot. After working down to my spot (a little 20 foot area almost down to black clay) I hit a few wheats then pulled the buffalo 1919. Knew the spot would be good again and pulled a 1906 Barber Dime. Worked down to another spot that seemed to have potental and pulled the Standing Liberty Quarter. After that headed back to the car and once again off to the "Hill" I decided to spend sometime getting close with the prickers. (I put about 4 rips in my pants and 2 in my coat not to mention the cuts and scrapes) Started off slow the hill is pretty barron now so I had to move away and into the dense brush. I got a nice deep reading 6-8 inches bouncing between 35-37 cut through a few roots and finally got to the target and out popped the 1850 Seated Dime (Second Seated in Two Tuesdays Last Tue was the 1853 Half Dime) moved a few feet over and was getting a signal jumping between 11-12 I thought for sure it was going to be a shield nickel but it was not to be. Instead it was the first V Nickel of the year 1903. Worked the area a little longer then headed off to a cellar hole for the remainder of the afternoon but unfortunately I was skunked there.

Attachments

• jan 17 silvers.jpg
    jan 17 silvers.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 361
  • jan 17 finds.jpg
    jan 17 finds.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 366
I agree because LAST tuesday I dug my seated! But today was only mercs and a rosie....sweet finds man!

I move to ammend: It should be GTP's Seated Tuesdays

You're killing that hill GTP!

I'm begining to seriously question both my machine and my skill....hit that same hill for about 2 hours after work last Thursday until I could not see my feet because of darkness. The end result was zero coins of any denomination. I did pull a couple of beer cans at 6+ inches though....:?:

Nice. Congrats! This winter is amazing that you guys are still
able to hunt. Last year at this time we had 2 feet of snow
on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom