Achieved My First 2019 Goal, 1400 Silver Coins

jack&jill

Elite Member
Getting to 71 Silver coins in 2019 was my first goal. The number being significant as it would be my career 1400th dug. The coin a Merc was my 2nd Silver of a very trying hunt. I was hunting a Fireman's Park that I was at last year with IDX Monster and Dewsweeper, was playing in the old ball field not finding any real keepers when a bunch of guys showed up to give the ballfield a do over for a weekend game so I relocated to what was a old parking area. A little back round on this site. As a young man I actually played on this ballfield. It was the location of my only Home Run that I hit in the 3 years I played in the league. Back to the hunt, I had forgotten that forty five years ago the parking area was gravel and stone. It was now covered with about 2 inches of dirt and grass covered. My first coin was a Wheat at 6 inches, took about 10 minutes to dig it out of the packed ground. 2nd was a Silver Rosie and again about 10 minutes for the recovery. I made up my mind I was not going to dig any weak or low numbers trying to guaranteeing getting a Silver. Well it took a hour and four more digs with the last being the Merc. With sore hands and wrist I called it a day. Recommend that digging in packed gravel bring a backhoe.
Anyway this report has all the Silver I dug over the last few weeks and my last report which is a grand total of 15 coins. Rosie's and Merc's seem to fill the bill with the exception of the Seated Quarter that was dug at a tearout. The FTY count now stands at 71. On to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 5-14-19 .jpg
    5-14-19 .jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 780
  • 5-14-19 1 .jpg
    5-14-19 1 .jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 770
  • 5-14-19 2 .jpg
    5-14-19 2 .jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 784
  • 5-15-19 .jpg
    5-15-19 .jpg
    114 KB · Views: 784
  • 5-18-19 .jpg
    5-18-19 .jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 754
  • 5-22-19 .jpg
    5-22-19 .jpg
    132 KB · Views: 744
  • 5-23-19 .jpg
    5-23-19 .jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 713
  • 5-25-19 .jpg
    5-25-19 .jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 711
  • 5-26-19 .jpg
    5-26-19 .jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 724
  • 5-27-19 .jpg
    5-27-19 .jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 732
  • 5-30-19 .jpg
    5-30-19 .jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
A HUGE congrats on an astounding milestone. That Seated quarter is very cool too.

An amazing milestone. Congrats!
Your reply is greatly appreciated, thank you Gerald. Only took 11 years. Trapper
A HUGE congrats on an astounding milestone. That Seated quarter is very cool too.
Thank you Levi. I have high hopes to get to 1500 yet this year but that may not happen. The Seated Quarter was the only coin in a sidewalk tearout and I feel very blessed to have it. Trapper

Congrats Jack on a major milestone! Wish I kept track of my totals early in my career :roll: I was quite young then, and can remember digging a half cent and thinking nothing of it :shock: what a ride it has been, I have been fortunate enough to see alot of your posts, and they are very entertaining and is proof that if you put hours into your machine, almost nothing can stop you. I have faith you will hit 1500 this year for sure! This season has just begun! Good luck, and happy hunting :cool3:

Congrats Trapper on the 1400 silver , that's a lot of loot..Just thinking, if you played baseball there when you we re younger some of those coins could have been lost by you. That's a lot of silver, couldn't imagine

Wow! Congrats Trapper, quite the haul over the years.... Almost cannot fathom ever getting that many coins from around where I live. Great job!

That is a small fortune Trap,just think of the big “silver boom”! If it goes to a couple hundred bucks an ounce you could get fancy rims for your truck and big FORD stickers and fuzzy dice....we’ll have to call you the Coin Pimp!:lol:
Amazing stuff...and think,there’s more out there somewhere to find than we can dream of. It’s tough,it’s hiding,it’s deep,it’s all those things. But they all can’t hide forever,not with the Pimp in town. Just don’t wear your purple fedora tomorrow if we’re going to Washington Park,you’ll piss someone off for sure...

Back
Top Bottom