Some Equinox 800 video I did - freshwater beach and dirt

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
This applies to model 600 too. Except for prospecting mode use in videos.
Preface video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kKIbUNEySxA

Freshwater beach sand
Notice beach 1 and beach 2 come up lacking vs other park and field modes. All detect modes noise canceled beforehand. GB at zero all modes. 50 tones used on all tests except use of prospecting modes.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zdS1BTvbg

In the dirt.
Deus showed 5 dots in mineralization index meter. Deemed medium mineralization. All testing here done with actual noise cancel as well as GB done. All testing above both beach and in dirt done with iron bias set to 0 and speed 6.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8QyZte0yY

Good videos! Are there any modes that tend to false on iron less?

The reason I ask is because you can get some deep challenged nonferrous in iron where it's really hard to tell what is a good target or just iron. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't seem to get as much falsing iron in Park2. The only reason I have been running Park1 lately was folks were saying it hit silver harder.

I wish had videos of me and a buddy pulling deep silver dimes and wheats mixed in with rusty iron. The problem becomes the fine line where you are not sure if the target is falsing iron or a good target.

Good videos! Are there any modes that tend to false on iron less?

The reason I ask is because you can get some deep challenged nonferrous in iron where it's really hard to tell what is a good target or just iron. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't seem to get as much falsing iron in Park2. The only reason I have been running Park1 lately was folks were saying it hit silver harder.

I wish had videos of me and a buddy pulling deep silver dimes and wheats mixed in with rusty iron. The problem becomes the fine line where you are not sure if the target is falsing iron or a good target.

Good question you ask.
My advice crosscheck between modes some times. And LEARN prospecting modes behavior over ferrrous and nonferrous.

You may find these videos helpful.
I did them yesterday actually.
Finds in the wild. And some big iron too.

Hunt preface video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=19oMpdjULQ0

Actual hunt video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFQGT_CRa80

Some follow up info here.
When you use prospecting modes there will be what I call hard iron faults given by tonal transition behavior.
So you locate a find using field or park modes. And check with prospecting modes and it’s a hard ferrous fault I call it. WALK
If borderline dig.
But if prospecting signal is borderline and signal achieved in field of park detect mode is faulty sounding trending iron you should likely walk.

I have found where prospecting mode helps,,if targets passes smell test with prospecting (not hard fail) I’ll dig especially in an already hard hunted site.

Remember suspect target when sweeping if just one coil sweep angle passes for possible nonferrous for behavior using prospecting mode yet fails all other angles be weary. Good target can fail loads of other angles using prospecting modes and be NOnferous. Masking obviously is the cause(reason).

You saw me call the targets. I did this based on my experiences with unit. I wish we could see more videos like this.
Imo very teaching.
Just showing good finds dug don’t reveal as much.
I have a good idea how new Nox owners feel after first use of their detectors.
I was there once. And I remember well.
Textbook signals anyone can dig those. Lol

Hope this helps folks.
I will do more.
In a few other sites soon.

Site above is booby trapped with iron big time. Site actually where town stood courthouse actually and town was moved in 1820, up the river about 10 miles.
Site has given up seated coins, fake capped bust dime, Spanish coin, and a few Spanish bits, couple Jew harps , etc.
This is where every new detector to me goes first. For me to evaluate and LEARN!!
And I keep going back. Learning never STOPs either.

Williamsburg was name of town.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Blount

The pic you see where Williamsburg is first mentioned., the big tree on left. I was hunting about 75 feet from towards angle where pic was taken.

I plan on doing a more detailed video showing how prospecting modes can help, what to listen for. Will try to set up some booby traps for video. Where park 2, field 2 where they sound not quite right yet very borderline and see if prospecting mode can tell the real deal as far as ferrous or nonferrous present.

Last edited:
This morning I hunted exclusively in Park2 at the same park the Nox has reawakened lately. This makes 6 Mercs in the last month and half found with the Nox at this hammered park. I found the Merc, three Wheats, and two Jeffersons before the rain ran me off.

The two plugs with Merc and Wheat has been swung over with Etrac and Nox in Park1 just recently. So I think I am staying in Park2 at least in this iron infested park. Park2 really was working well today and like I said most of the area I hit today has been swung over by me and a buddy with both of us in Park1 recently. Both the Merc and the Wheat were classic type short chirps when once alerted you circle a very tight area the VID jumps around going down but not up like iron can do. There is deep iron right between these two plugs.

To reiterate this area is near a fence that has been swung over countless times with numerous detectors. So it seems to me only the Nox was capable of giving a clue to dig these coins.

Attachments

• CWLMERC.jpg
    CWLMERC.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190330_123603_resized_1.jpg
    20190330_123603_resized_1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 98
This morning I hunted exclusively in Park2 at the same park the Nox has reawakened lately. This makes 6 Mercs in the last month and half found with the Nox at this hammered park. I found the Merc, three Wheats, and two Jeffersons before the rain ran me off.

The two plugs with Merc and Wheat has been swung over with Etrac and Nox in Park1 just recently. So I think I am staying in Park2 at least in this iron infested park. Park2 really was working well today and like I said most of the area I hit today has been swung over by me and a buddy with both of us in Park1 recently. Both the Merc and the Wheat were classic type short chirps when once alerted you circle a very tight area the VID jumps around going down but not up like iron can do. There is deep iron right between these two plugs.

To reiterate this area is near a fence that has been swung over countless times with numerous detectors. So it seems to me only the Nox was capable of giving a clue to dig these coins.

Nice finds.

Thanks tnsharpshooter, the Equinox really amazes me more and more with almost every outing. This park has basically been given up on by several detectorist as hunted out. I only started hitting it again because I was short on permissions and knew nobody had hunted it with an Equinox.

I am going out on a limb here and going to say Park2 does not false on iron as bad as Park1 does. I only dug a couple of falsing ferrous targets today. I only dug 3-4 deep junk non-ferrous targets. I dug 1 Merc, 3 Wheats, 2 Nickels, and 1 fairly deep Memorial. That's the most coins I have found there in a while all were 4" or deeper using Park2. I pass most shallow high conductors and only dig shallow mid conductors hoping for a gold ring.

Thanks tnsharpshooter, the Equinox really amazes me more and more with almost every outing. This park has basically been given up on by several detectorist as hunted out. I only started hitting it again because I was short on permissions and knew nobody had hunted it with an Equinox.

I am going out on a limb here and going to say Park2 does not false on iron as bad as Park1 does. I only dug a couple of falsing ferrous targets today. I only dug 3-4 deep junk non-ferrous targets. I dug 1 Merc, 3 Wheats, 2 Nickels, and 1 fairly deep Memorial. That's the most coins I have found there in a while all were 4" or deeper using Park2. I pass most shallow high conductors and only dig shallow mid conductors hoping for a gold ring.

Go back there some more and use Eqx. And try using prospecting mode to actually locate some targets. Crosscheck using other detect modes. A site like this is just up my alley. Makes one think more when they hear any tone really. And explore, experiment.

You are welcome.

I will try prospecting mode some the next time I am there. Maybe tomorrow.

I did some experimenting using prospecting modes today. Played with single freq ops too. I plan on doing a few videos talking and showing prospecting modes use. How they can help a person. Still trying to make my mind up on scenarios to show. Plan on doing some test in the wild on targets too. May be a while before finished product though. Want to do a real good job with video.

Back
Top Bottom