I Love It When Entry Level Detectors Get Gold Rings

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

My first ring for 2019. I little on the cold side today (-16C / 3.2 F) with intermittent ice fog. The ACE performed flawlessly in the snow. I hunted in relics mode, 3/4 sensitivity, with the iron audio mode turned on. The gold ring was down about 5 inches. I was expecting a coin, when some gold showed up. After about 3 hours, I called it a day!

Attachments

• oh oh.jpg
    oh oh.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 374
Interesting Karat. I’ve found 22k aka 916. Didn’t know they did 21. Learn something new every day. Especially on here. Congrats!

Sledding hill area or ?

Nice job on the 22k . That definitely makes you feel good. The ace 400 is a good machine. I used one the last three summers and it also has found a gold ring. Once again nice job!

That’s amazing level of dedication! Was it buried in 5” in snow or buried 5” frozen ground?

I will never know how my Pro performs at 3 degrees. We call that an emergency situation down here. I'm watching the school closings for today, because we might get 1 - 2 inches of snow. Might get snow, might not, and they are closing the schools, just in case.

Not sure if the ace 400 is entry level or not? Isn't it pretty much the same as a pro in standard mode?

nice find

nice find in weather that would shut Atlanta down for the whole winter.

Garrett certainly did not make a mistake with the ace line or the AT Pro. Have used both.

Now waiting for their reply to the Equinox and that will be interesting to say the least. I am sure Garrett is not hurting financially due to their security detector business but maybe a little tired of all the Equinox hype.

I own an 800 and took a long while to get really comfortable with it.

I will never know how my Pro performs at 3 degrees. We call that an emergency situation down here. I'm watching the school closings for today, because we might get 1 - 2 inches of snow. Might get snow, might not, and they are closing the schools, just in case.

Not sure if the ace 400 is entry level or not? Isn't it pretty much the same as a pro in standard mode?

The Pro gets better depth and more accurate ID with all coils comparatively.

nice find in weather that would shut Atlanta down for the whole winter.

Garrett certainly did not make a mistake with the ace line or the AT Pro. Have used both.

Now waiting for their reply to the Equinox and that will be interesting to say the least. I am sure Garrett is not hurting financially due to their security detector business but maybe a little tired of all the Equinox hype.

I own an 800 and took a long while to get really comfortable with it.

I agree Garrett detectors are good and they find gold.
My 800 is nice but I am more confident with the ATP.

snow and cold

Only one to two inches of snow , we got 11 inches this weekend just about 5 hours north from you . Just about shut the area down for a day , looks like more may come next weekend. No detecting here it was time for snow shovels , snow blowers , rock salt . After all that snow goes away I am sure people will be out where people were tubbing and sledding down the big hills. :cold2::cold::lotsasnow: :snowflake::snowman3: :snowshovel::sledding::snowtruck::snowballfight:

Sledding hills are great places to hunt...lots of coins, keys, and jewelry lost there.

There is a big hill is St. Louis called Art hill that had 100s of sledding and tubers over the last couple of days ,as we had around 11 inches of snow. Snow should last for a while so when it is gone should be some lost stuff there.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom