A request for the Nox guys.

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
Is it able to detect small chains? I've found a good number of pendants but never the chains that they were on. Wondering if the Nox is sensitive enough to see them.

BCD.

Here we go! I have also wondered this...especially when a guy finds a Gold pendant with an intact bale..you know the chain broke and is nearby..the thing is, at what gr cut off point is the NOX capable of?

I believe the NOX and about any other capable rig can hit the clasp..we all find little stuff with our current rigs...smallest chain I found is 15gr 10k with the AtPro...largest is 75gr of 24k with the Atpro...I found this 18k pendant with an intact bale in a totter, F70, but could not find the chain...I raked and reamed around and finally gave up...I figured the Pendant was the money...the chain had to have been pretty small for me to miss it, or perhaps stayed inside the kids shirt..

OH SNAP! Looking at the last photo! Is that the chain hanging there on the deck of the equipment?! SOB! I hope thats just yellow paint drippings! I better go back! :laughing:

Attachments

• May 5 chain ring.jpg
    May 5 chain ring.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 237
  • sept 8 13-2.jpg
    sept 8 13-2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 184
  • nov 27-16-1.jpg
    nov 27-16-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 176
  • nov 27-16-2.jpg
    nov 27-16-2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
My 800 detects them. I have tested using gold chain small. Not found one in the wild yet.
This gent here is testing one.
In salt water too- challenging to do for VLF detector it seems.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n96NtWxHlhk

Sweet! Yea, I'd almost buy it just for that. I eyeballed a small GP 925 Italy chain at a BB court that my ATP ran right over and didn't even acknowledge.

BCD

I know you replied to this thread just so you could show off that awesome gold chain again! :laughing:

That was a sweet find. I'm still jelly every time I see it.

BCD

Here we go! I have also wondered this...especially when a guy finds a Gold pendant with an intact bale..you know the chain broke and is nearby..the thing is, at what gr cut off point is the NOX capable of?

I believe the NOX and about any other capable rig can hit the clasp..we all find little stuff with our current rigs...smallest chain I found is 15gr 10k with the AtPro...largest is 75gr of 24k with the Atpro...I found this 18k pendant with an intact bale in a totter, F70, but could not find the chain...I raked and reamed around and finally gave up...I figured the Pendant was the money...the chain had to have been pretty small for me to miss it, or perhaps stayed inside the kids shirt..

OH SNAP! Looking at the last photo! Is that the chain hanging there on the deck of the equipment?! SOB! I hope that just yellow paint drippings! I better go back! :laughing:

Nice Video

Thanks for posting that Dave, the gold chain coming up as a 1, has me scratching my head :lol:, i was digging 8 and up, Earl

Thanks for posting that Dave, the gold chain coming up as a 1, has me scratching my head :lol:, i was digging 8 and up, Earl

In an area where possiblities are high for lost chains, the targets IDing as 1 or 2 are the ones to really key on.
Why?
It is these targets where many other VLF detectors will not even whiff on a lot of times.
Now, Nox coil height/coil position may be critical but it will SNIFF.

I would put it on par with the Deus when it comes to gold especially chains and small pendants/earrings. That would also include depth wise. I hunt a lot in tot lots and small gold producing areas and everything, so far, has been good.

I might also mention, for the tot lot hunters, the Equinox again is on par with the Deus. What make for a great tot lot detector over a good one is the ability to get in close to the metal playground equipment and still hit those close ones. For example, picking up the goods directly under a swing. many detectors will false or read the swing, even being 3-4' above it, as interference. As long as you keep the NOX coil on the ground it will not be fooled.

Now I will have to say that the Deus with the 9.5 Elliptical HF coil puts the Deus in a league of its own. That combination will beat the NOX.

I would put it on par with the Deus when it comes to gold especially chains and small pendants/earrings. That would also include depth wise. I hunt a lot in tot lots and small gold producing areas and everything, so far, has been good.

When you mention Deus here, you talking about LF coil use? Or HF coil use?

I’m so envious of your chain finds AND the face that you’re swinging your 800’s! I can’t wait to get my email that mine has been shipped.

Well yeah Gold chains are the money, most have seen a coil overhead a time or two, and are invisible to even the top shelf multifreaks or discounted as a trash signal by the rest........So many various designs and amalgamations, chains do not hit solid like a ring at all...even a big one sounds like scrap...so hey..chain hunting is a fools errand, low probability of success, possible big payday, and thats why I hunt for chains and buy lottery tickets and have a 401k...Gold Chains are the White Buffalo trophy in our Sport...

Its more of a personality defect than a profitable hunting strategy...A chain hunter swings for the bleachers on each and every pitch!...A dedicated chain hunter dont mind striking out in a tee ball game, or right there in the on deck circle!!!...:laughing: Still though...every once in a while a 'blind nut will find a squirrel", or a complete wiffle ball booboo will hit one out of the park when the wind is right!...I leave the house every morning hunting for Gold chains....Thats my primary target, Gold Fussin Chains! ...The rest of my finds I consider bycatch, getting hit by the pitcher, taking a walk...Oh well...I dont mind sitting in the dugout eating free hotdogs either! Thats what clad is for!!...

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 155
  • oct 6-16-3.jpg
    oct 6-16-3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 149
  • me oct.jpg
    me oct.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 143
LF. I feel the HF bests that NOX on gold.

Of course I still feel as far as gold chains the old Whites DFX is a tough one to beat as is the Garrett AT Pro.

Found with the DFX and ATP E]

Agreed Terry!! One thing is for sure...Real world experience/results like your pics attest...the standard and stock AtPro right out of the box will hit Gold chains admirably! Little silver chains even...100% confidence in the Pro as a chain hunter...

So gold pirates need to dig 1 to under 20 in most cases!:detector::workforgold::excited::woohoo:
Thanks for the video.

I didn't say that.
My take on the vid.
If a person wants to limit digging and have pretty good odds of finding gold jewelry.
Dig the signals reading 11 and lower.
Doing this, sure a person could miss gold jewelry.
But Imbet in the end, time spent detecting and digging holes, a person might have more gold jewelry overall to show for their time and efforts.

Take advantage of Nox ID capabilities here.

Now, one thing to keep in mind here.
Notice when coins and detectors are talked about what the first thing that pops up?
Depth right?

So just saying a detector picks up a chain not the tell all.
Need to figure depth here too.
There has to be some chains deeper.

I’d be interested in a side by side test with the 800 and 600 to see if they both pick up a small gold chain, from what I hear the 600 runs the same frequency’s in multi, I have a 600 on order.

LF. I feel the HF bests that NOX on gold.

Of course I still feel as far as gold chains the old Whites DFX is a tough one to beat as is the Garrett AT Pro.

Found with the DFX and ATP

somechains.jpg

For a sanity check, I grabbed my wife's gold chains, very small, and ran them under my ATP. I wasn't able to get a hit except for when I got over the clasp. Will be interesting to see how the Nox does.

Back
Top Bottom