Equinox extra coils?

kidlester

Elite Member
Has anyone heard when the other coils will be available for the equinox? They advertise a 15" I would love to have.
HH!

Has anyone heard when the other coils will be available for the equinox? They advertise a 15" I would love to have.

HH!

I have the same question, I have searched everywhere and haven’t found an article or press release on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH!

I have the same question, I have searched everywhere and haven’t found an article or press release on it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minelab has been giving my dealer updates on the weekly about delivery status and has been spot on so far. That being said, I trust what they say. So when I asked about the coil, they said Minelab's latest communication is that coils are in testing and additional data is required before they begin production. My dealer said a safe estimate is spring of '19.

Is that true? Well consider that ML has not brought the 15" coils to any of the national detector shows / events. Minelab also has specials on the CTX with free 17" coils. I don't think we need to be a marketing genius to figure out whats going on. It is likely that ML is trying to move existing inventory so when they finally release the 15" Nox coil, they won't get stuck.

Minelab has been giving my dealer updates on the weekly about delivery status and has been spot on so far. That being said, I trust what they say. So when I asked about the coil, they said Minelab's latest communication is that coils are in testing and additional data is required before they begin production. My dealer said a safe estimate is spring of '19.

Is that true? Well consider that ML has not brought the 15" coils to any of the national detector shows / events. Minelab also has specials on the CTX with free 17" coils. I don't think we need to be a marketing genius to figure out whats going on. It is likely that ML is trying to move existing inventory so when they finally release the 15" Nox coil, they won't get stuck.

I bet the smaller coil will see more interest than the larger one.

I bet the smaller coil will see more interest than the larger one.

Maybe....unless you are a beach/relic hunter. In NE Florida you'll find areas that are up to 300 yards wide and that stretches for miles. With tides that fluctuate 5-7 feet, you have to act quick and cover as much ground as possible.

Locals use anything from 15"-21" coils. Tourists are quickly spotted when showing up with tiny coils and frantically swinging as fast as they can to cover ground. :lol:

Attachments

• jax.jpg
    jax.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 207
Maybe....unless you are a beach/relic hunter. In NE Florida you'll find areas that are up to 300 yards wide and that stretches for miles. With tides that fluctuate 5-7 feet, you have to act quick and cover as much ground as possible.

Locals use anything from 15"-21" coils. Tourists are quickly spotted when showing up with tiny coils and frantically swinging as fast as they can to cover ground. :lol:

Just noticed your avatar and love it. Taken from the ISS? Mine isn’t all of Florida but the beach where I visit the most in West Palm

I'd be interested in the 15" as I'm a beach guy, cover a bit more ground

I am an authorized Minelab dealer and cant get any answer on when other coils will be available for the Equinox series. As soon as I know I will post.

This is one of several reasons why I decided to pass on the Equinox for now. I don't like that there really isn't any answer to when other coils will be available...maybe it will be in a few weeks, maybe it'll be next Spring (as in 2019). And maybe they'll be $150, maybe they'll be $300. Too much uncertainty there for my tastes and finite detecting budget. Don't misunderstand me, the machine looks very good overall. It's just that I, personally, want to let the Equinox line mature a little more before I give it another look. Of course, by then, a plethora of other multi-freq type units will probably be coming to market...

This is one of several reasons why I decided to pass on the Equinox for now. I don't like that there really isn't any answer to when other coils will be available...maybe it will be in a few weeks, maybe it'll be next Spring (as in 2019). And maybe they'll be $150, maybe they'll be $300. Too much uncertainty there for my tastes and finite detecting budget. Don't misunderstand me, the machine looks very good overall. It's just that I, personally, want to let the Equinox line mature a little more before I give it another look. Of course, by then, a plethora of other multi-freq type units will probably be coming to market...
If you are in OH, I don't think you'll realize any substantial benefits of upgrading from your AT-Maxx. Now if you lived near the ocean, the NOX would be a game changer for you.

Back
Top Bottom