Last weekends hunt

SteveMN

Forum Supporter
I went out last Friday to a county beach where I found a couple wheat pennies in the past in the dry sand with my DFX. Hit the water this time with the Beach Hunter ID and found a bunch of junk but did walk away with a neat old tootsie? car, an ankle bracelet with the name Shelby on it, an old key that I'm not sure if it is old or not, and two more wheat pennies dated 1929 and 1951D. I'm really liking this new aspect to the hobby and is a lot more enjoyable in the heat.

Attachments

• DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC00094.jpg
    DSC00094.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC00098.jpg
    DSC00098.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 273
Those are some cool finds! That little copper thing in the upper left is a Buchanan crimp connector, and that clip in the eight o'clock position looks like a grounding clip for metal boxes, and the tag in the six o'clock position looks like an electric meter tag--I don't know what those things are in the three o'clock position?:lol:

Nice finds. The key does to appear to be an antique. Although I'm sure one can still find them somewhere. Look up the shotgun shell casing headstamps. They will tell you a lot about the site.

G.

Those are some cool finds! That little copper thing in the upper left is a Buchanan crimp connector, and that clip in the eight o'clock position looks like a grounding clip for metal boxes, and the tag in the six o'clock position looks like an electric meter tag--I don't know what those things are in the three o'clock position?:lol:

Hey Ed thanks for all the info on the electrical stuff. By the way I have no idea what those things are at the three o'clock position either! :lol:

Nice finds. The key does to appear to be an antique. Although I'm sure one can still find them somewhere. Look up the shotgun shell casing headstamps. They will tell you a lot about the site.

The key looks old but I think it is a modern copy of some sort. I have researched headstamps in the past and a couple I found in the lake are definately old. Early 1900's would be my guess.

No idea either, on the 3 o'clock items. But I'll bet Rusty's going to want them! :D

Back
Top Bottom