• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

NOX 600 - Pre delivery questions

Make sure your cell phone is in airplane mode if carrying with you while hunting.
Have you had interference from your phone when swinging the 'Nox?
I used to keep my phone in the Dig Rig while hunting, but I now carry it as my camera.
I do turn off the bluetooth as I have had issues with that while using wireless with the 'Nox but I do not put the phone in airplane mode.
Once I noise cancel and gb, I haven't experienced any interference. At least not yet.
I would esitmate the hours carrying my phone again with the 'Nox are 40-45 hours so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Have you had interference from your phone when swinging the 'Nox?
I used to keep my phone in the Dig Rig while hunting, but I now carry it as my camera.
I do turn off the bluetooth as I have had issues with that while using wireless with the 'Nox but I do not put the phone in airplane mode.
Once I noise cancel and gb, I haven't experienced any interference. At least not yet.
I would esitmate the hours carrying my phone again with the 'Nox are 40-45 hours so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I carry my phone in my pocket and I have never had any issues with it causing interference. , Overhead wires, and ground level utility boxes --yes , Cell phone No, not even with Bluetooth and hot spot on. I use the stock wireless headphones that came with my 800, except when it is windy, then I use the module that came with the 800 along with wired Bose noise canceling headphones. Never had an issue I couldn't just walk away from.

Nox 600

I've had my Nox 600 for about a month. When I first got it was so sensitive making all kinds of noises, I said to myself, oh dear what did I get myself into! Keep in mind I've never used a metal detector in my life. Everyday I would go to the field or parks and start using the machine and learning the correct sounds. All I know this machine is a coin magnet, 90% of my hunting is on park one. I've found coins every-time I've been out, quarters, dimes, pennies, and plenty of pull tabs. Now I'm able to distinguish between junk and coins. Still learning! head phones are a must, made all the difference in the world!

Great! You will have fun.

VDI number spread is about 1/2 of the AT Pro. That makes a lot stuff above 20 come in very close to each other.

VDI numbers vary with depth of the targets in your area and mineral content of your soil. So dig everything in your typical hunting areas for a while and build your own VDI chart for targets and junk.

HH

Back
Top Bottom