NOX Settings for Slightly Submerged Saltwater?

All Clad

What are your best settings for salt water use....typically with the majority of the shaft submerged and sometimes the head unit just under the surface?

Mine is very chatty, not too consistent. Hits all around. Using Beach 2

Thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Nox is perfection on the beach though. No issues there, so not suspecting defect.

That's the mode I use but I don't go much in the water. If it is chatty in some areas I reduce the sensitivity a couple of points. That usually does the trick.

Cliff

One of those things you will have to try in your area. I run mine totally submerged in salt water. On land i can run it at a sensitivity on beach two at 21 or 22. Get in the water i might have to turn down to a 16.

The salt balance isnt quit right on it..... so you pick up small minerals/iron on the surface out there that the salt really lights up. Much like hot rocks will if you run sensitivity to high. Sensitivity and recovery speed can help. Try adjusting your recovery first ... to say 4 or 5. In most cases you should be able to run 18 sensitivity. Its just a different machine in the water even with beach 2. ALSO.....turn your iron volume down to 2 and turn off your threshold. That NOISE then kind of becomes a threshold to you.

Back
Top Bottom