1823 half

ugadigger

Elite Member
My dad had this in a drawer and just trying to figure out what it might grade out to be? What is the significance for grading and is it really worth the cost?
27b302356674075ea04801e955d0f469.jpg

e94c3b7e4c3e172e84552bbaa3b96374.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few major varieties in this date that all have to do with the number 3 in the date. Your coin looks like the normal 3, so I will disagree with everyone else with it being graded. If it was one of the varieties then grading it would be worth it especially with the variety on the slab.

Buy an airtight case and just put it in there, especially if you have no plans to sell it.

Just my 2 cents.

if it was a 3 over2 (looks like a 2 is under the 3 in the date) it would be worth a Least 115. the normal date ones, which it looks like yours is, is worth at least 125. in the condition yours is in I would guess about 200 or more. I would get it graded and see what they say...

There are a few major varieties in this date that all have to do with the number 3 in the date. Your coin looks like the normal 3, so I will disagree with everyone else with it being graded. If it was one of the varieties then grading it would be worth it especially with the variety on the slab.

Buy an airtight case and just put it in there, especially if you have no plans to sell it.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice!

if it was a 3 over2 (looks like a 2 is under the 3 in the date) it would be worth a Least 115. the normal date ones, which it looks like yours is, is worth at least 125. in the condition yours is in I would guess about 200 or more. I would get it graded and see what they say...

Thanks for your input!

Not worth the grading fees. Keep it raw. Tough to tell by the blurry pic but it appears there may be a staple scratch to the left of the date on the obverse. Also a few scratches in the fields to the left of the portrait. If you just want it in a holder, I can submit to NGC for you if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom