New Detector coming today !!

Digger2019

Feels like Christmas Day ! I’m too excited and had to share. I purchased a Garrett AT Pro....it arrives today.😊
I have had the Bounty Hunter Plat. Pro since starting a little over a year ago. It’s OK but I feel like I’m missing so much.
Don’t know if it’s the detector or not, but it gives A TON of false signals, I’m wondering too if it’s hot rocks...though not too sure how that works.
Mainly here in my yard also, the BH would signal, I would make a plug, garret pin pointer would detect like crazy, all around the hole, then I would ground balance the pin pointer ....AND NOTHING . It happens a lot. Is there something I am doing causing it? I always ground balance my detector especially in my yard, the house was built in 1920 and the ground is FULL of iron.
I like the idea of having a detector I can walk the creeks with.....got my boots READY 😁

Great choice on detectors. If you did not get the small 8x5 coil get it. It separates well and is deep for its size. I recommend running in pro mode. I liked mine with zero disc so I could hear the high tones among the iron grunts. It will take some getting used to but you made a good choice.

Good luck with the new AT Pro...I think you'll like it a lot. I won one last October in a seeded hunt and have been using it ever since. It finds the deep stuff...……...

Awesome ! Thank you ! I don’t want to admit to how long it took me to get the cable connected... 😳😳

Here's some tips for you. Nice machine to use, good audio too. Good Luck!

Here's some tips for you:

* With the AT Pro, learn and hunt in Pro mode. It is deeper then standard mode. With the AT Gold, the all metal mode is deeper then Disc 1 or Disc 2.

* Has a place been hunted out? Go back and try again after a good rain soaking. Moist wet soil gives better sensitivity and greater depth readings for targets.

* If you get a nice high audio and a VDI in the 70's or 80's, dig it.

* The larger the coil the deeper it goes. However, too many targets under a large coil can mask a good target. If you get a slight good audio using the large coil, lift it up 2-3 inches and center the coil where the good audio was. Often times the good target will be much clearer.

* Get a coil cover and scrub the ground. Some people scan the ground inches above it...."DON'T" You can gain a couple of inches scrubbing, which is significant.

* Don't swing too fast! Just because it has a very fast "recovery speed"......doesn't mean it can always pick out that one good silver coin amongst several pieces of junk. The electronics still need to process lots of information.

* Swinging too fast can make you a sloppy hunter. You also risk eventually cracking/breaking your coil and elephant ears from the constant banging on trees, playground equipment or concrete.

* If you are getting lots of EMI or increased mineralization which is causing erratic audio, try adjusting your discrimination first, before lowering the sensitivity. This sometimes lets the machine run smoother without losing any depth.

* If you get mixture of audio signals, scan the target from different directions. Sometimes a good target is beside or partially underneath a good target. The AT Series has a unique ability to pick out those good targets amongst the trash. Going at the target from different directions allows the AT Pro to perform even better!

* Ground balance your machine occasionally. Temperature can change, and directly affect the settings. Hunting in shade vs. sun can vary. "a 14 degree difference on a lawn area to a 35 degree difference on a parking lot." But, the mineralization can also change between areas....so again...ground balance periodically.

* To increase the depth/sensitivity to silver targets, lower the ground balanced numbers a few points

Very good choice. Had one for 3 years before I got my Nox 800. Had more fun with my AT Pro. You will love it and you will find good stuff. Yes, you might miss a few good targets compare to an XP Deus or Nox 800 but you will find more overall because you will be out hunting and not trial and error with a high learning curve of the Deus or Nox 800.

I hunt in pro mode Iron audio off. You can turn it on to hear for iron,if it is grunting all the time then it will be tough to find anything becfause of the masking effect of iron.
At pro is a great machine and learning all the nuance sounds with earphones lets you decide to dig or not. Its not foolproof but it helps.
Have fun and patients, rewards will come!

Back
Top Bottom