• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

5 Rings, Iphone & More!

Nick93023

Forum Supporter
Well I have found a "honey hole" beach. Five rings, two earrings, a wallet, an IPhone, and lots of coins. The small earring is 925, and the stone is untested. I will have it tested on Wednesday when my diamond tester arrives. Thousands of depositors and lots of targets. I hunted this beach last night from 8:00 pm until 2:30 am. Great hunt with a lot of targets.

20180723_162105_zpsjnc0xg18.jpg

I saw 7 other detectorists while I was there. Now that I can hunt in the water and wet sand, I have to admit that I kind of found it funny when I first saw the other detectorists swinging their garrets because I know the wet sand is off limits to them! There was one guy there with a salt detector by the name of Bill who I kept crossing paths with for most of the night.

I am trying to dry the phone out and I will attempt to locate the owner if I can get it powered up. I will also attempt to return the wallet/id cards to the girl. This will be my beach for the rest of the summer.

Nick

Last edited:
Wow, I've never found a pulltab before :roll: I'm jealous ! (just kidding, nice haul :p )

If the phone came from saltwater, pull the back and look at the lithium battery. Or just take a sniff:shock::lol: Non waterproof phones lithium batteries fry in saltwater in about 3 seconds.

Im assuming thats not your trash to treasure or id say you had a very very good place to hunt. Nice haul.

Iphone

if you pop out the sim and put it in a different iphone you can receive calls from the number and find out who's it is. let them know you have it. i have done that several times. You know after being accused of stealing it cause no one EVER lost their phone.

if you pop out the sim and put it in a different iphone you can receive calls from the number and find out who's it is. let them know you have it. i have done that several times. You know after being accused of stealing it cause no one EVER lost their phone.

That is actually a really clever idea...

Had a friend of mine recover an iphone on the beach once, turned it on and stuck it in a bucket of rice to dry out. He got arrested the same day because of the "where's my iphone" tracking ability. they just figured he was the one that stole it and the owner never dropped the charges even after they found out it was recovered in the sand on the beach.

Best advice is to just throw 'em back in the ocean and save yourself some hassle. Unless you like to gamble. :D

Back
Top Bottom