Fresh water gives up Gold

Bigfoot

After this mornings beach trip, I headed to a local lake that has a nice little beach. After about 1/2 hour of digging tabs, Up came the gold chain. 14K gold 18 in long. A few minutes later up comes a ring (junk) but still a ring. Also picked up some clad.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 416
Nice chain. Did the ring get your heart going when you first saw it? :shock:

The ring did make my heart jump. The chain hanging out of the holes in my scoop really made it start pumping. Going back tomorrow. Beach closed a 6 pm.

Gold chains

Bigfoot,what type detector do you use.I really have to fine tune my minelab xs for it to pick up a gold chain unless it has a pendent or trinket on it.Just curious

I am using a Tesoro Tiger Shark. I have had very good luck with it in fresh water and sand. The gulf beaches don't seem to be a problem either. I have found gold and silver at the beach. I am going to buy a Surfmaster PI Pro when I can get some spare cash. I am very happy with my Tiger Shark.

Nice chain and other stuff :) I wish I could go detecting but I'm painting my house on the inside and outside and that has to come first...

Back
Top Bottom