Iffy Signal = Silver

SteveMN

Forum Supporter
I had some training this morning for work and we ended up getting done a lot earlier than I thought we would have. So...... I decided to head to our main city park where I have only found one silver coin in the past five years. I have seen pictures of this park dating back to 1887 but it just has never produced much. I decided to hit an area around a fire pit that is quite trashy and right away hit an iffy strong coin signal. I was getting a pretty consistant 45-46 CO on the Etrac but the FE was bouncing all over the place. Cut my plug and scooped out about 7 inches of dirt. Stuck my probe in the hole and was not getting anything in the center of the hole. Probed around the edge of the hole and located the target. I dug a little more dirt out along the edge and after putting the dirt on my towl to my surpise I could see the reeded edge of a silver coin! I have a feeling the coin was probably on edge giving the strange signal and not pinpointing right. Also pulled a couple deep wheats to top off my short hunt. I am really loving the Etrac!

Attachments

• Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 391
Thats a great story and after 5 years of hunting and the etrac retrieves silver and deep wheats!
Good advertisement for minelab they should at least match what you retrieve from these difficult sites.:roll:

Back
Top Bottom