So Close on the Canadian Silver..

bmattioli

Forum Supporter
Got back to work this week and was booked for the week with tons of jobs. Worked 12 hrs a day Mon-Fri. No time for detecting but went out to the park up the road for 45 minutes tonight. I had to swing just a bit or I would have lost it. Even missed some of the RedSox game.. Anyways, thought I found my first Canadian Silver coin, a 1968. Missed it by one year. Next time right?. Man, I've wanted a Canadian Silver coin bad!!

Bruce

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 164
Ya that is close nice hit just the same. See you in the morning....

Jamie

So close Bruce! I have only found two silver Canada dimes in 5 years but this years was a nice old one.

Some 1968 dimes were 50% silver, and the rest of production was the nickel alloy they used for 1969 onwards. So there is still a chance it is silver :) YOu can test it with a magnet. If it sticks, it is the nickel version. If it doesn't, you found yourself a silver dime.

Some 1968 dimes were 50% silver, and the rest of production was the nickel alloy they used for 1969 onwards. So there is still a chance it is silver :) YOu can test it with a magnet. If it sticks, it is the nickel version. If it doesn't, you found yourself a silver dime.

Your right on. I did see that when I was reading up on Canadian Coinage. Unfortunately it stuck to a magnet so no Silver this time. Made up for it today though :lol:

Thanks for the post!

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom