• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

my attempt at copying fsa46 water hunting sifter

brncofan

Elite Member
hi guys had some free time today and decided to make a new water hunting sifter fas46 had made a sweet sifter and shared photos here on the forum i think it came out very well i had to settle for a blue barrel coulnt find the white ones a neibor of mine gave me this barrell it should work so much better than my old thing i was using H.H. everone :D

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 344
I LIKE IT! Only one spot I can use a floating sifter. And I don't want to have to hunt there:lol:

You did a good job on it Mark and it'll do the job just fine. But, I think you would have been a lot happier waiting for a white barrel even if you had to pay for it.

That was the main reason I made the second sifter, went from a blue one to a white and liked it a LOT better.

Maybe Craig will trade with you.

You did a good job on it Mark and it'll do the job just fine. But, I think you would have been a lot happier waiting for a white barrel even if you had to pay for it.

That was the main reason I made the second sifter, went from a blue one to a white and liked it a LOT better.

it will be fine frank thanks again for your advice, if i need to ill paint the inside white

Looks like it will work just fine. A lot of drilling there!
X2!

I made one that I used just once. I just didn't like the idea of schlepping one more thing from the car to the beach.

Cool! I've never used one but I can see in the right places it would be handy to have...

Wondering...If a guy drilled larger holes on one side of the center ridge, and also cut a long open curved slot about 1" wide and 6" long right along the bend at the barrels side...?...

Then, a guy could do the initial scoop dump on the small side, rake or shake the large over to the other side of the ridge for more to fall through, find your target with a pinpointer or by eyeball...then, simply swipe or shake all the debris right out through the slot, a fellow would not have to be dumping it out all the time? It would be sort of like a big gold pan dealie? I dont know...just thinking..

Probably be best to try one out with the small holes and then modify if needed to suit the areas a guy hunts plus the scoop holes a guy uses...can always go back and drill some larger holes later...

Last edited:
it will be fine frank thanks again for your advice, if i need to ill paint the inside white

That's what I did with my first one and it worked for about a week and I would do it again.

If I would have acid etched it first, I think it would have lasted a long time before having to do it again.

You did a great job on the holes considering you didn't use a template.

Cool! I've never used one but I can see in the right places it would be handy to have...

Wondering...If a guy drilled larger holes on one side of the center ridge, and also cut a long open curved slot about 1" wide and 6" long right along the bend at the barrels side...?...

Then, a guy could do the initial scoop dump on the small side, rake or shake the large over to the other side of the ridge for more to fall through, find your target with a pinpointer or by eyeball...then, simply swipe or shake all the debris right out through the slot, a fellow would not have to be dumping it out all the time? It would be sort of like a big gold pan dealie? I dont know...just thinking..

Probably be best to try one out with the small holes and then modify if needed to suit the areas a guy hunts plus the scoop holes a guy uses...can always go back and drill some larger holes later...

We use them with small holes to catch the 22 cal and buckshot that litter our hunting spots... the smaller holes do not stop the mud and silt from draining out.

He has a long wait... :lol:

We use them with small holes to catch the 22 cal and buckshot that litter our hunting spots... the smaller holes do not stop the mud and silt from draining out.

Thats what I figured...but then a fellow would also need to use a small hole scoop in conjunction right? Those splitshots and .22slugs, shellcasings, can get a guy chasing before giving up....

Nice work, Mark. Ive been on the lookout for a white barrel to make one. Tired of the old design.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thats what I figured...but then a fellow would also need to use a small hole scoop in conjunction right? Those splitshots and .22slugs, shellcasings, can get a guy chasing before giving up....

I just use my eyesight and my coil.. some use PPers but I have no problem finding small shot or bullets they seem to be shiny whereas gravel is dull.

X2!

I made one that I used just once. I just didn't like the idea of schlepping one more thing from the car to the beach.

Yeah? Well I suppose you could drill a bunch of holes in the bottom of your plastic kayak and use it as a mud sump?? Just tow the damn thing behind you and dump all your scoopings into it? Rinse it out with the garden hose when you get home? You will certainly be more productive instead of picking rotten pennies out of your scoop all the time...?:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom