Any GPAA Members here?

Squishy

Hey...
I am thinking about joining the GPAA, but before I do, I wanted to find out if they have any claims that members can hunt in South Dakota. Are there any GPAA members here who can check your list of GPAA claim sites and tell me if they have some in South Dakota?

Thanks!
-Mike-

I'm not a member anymore , but I do know that they do have a few claims in South Dakota. I think they're mainly in the black hills .

Well, I THINK I'm a member. I called and signed up last moth, they charged my CC 4 weeks ago, but I haven't gotten anything from them yet.

If my stuff ever arrives, I'll let you know what's available.

I'm a member
Pennington county 80 acre usgs rochford
Pennington county 20 acre usgs rochford
Pennington county 20 acre usgs rochford
lawrence county 27.5 acre usgs sturgis

Hope this helps

HH
BIG JOHN

Yep, we looked into it because we wanted to do some gold panning in South Dakota. The group is located in Rapid City, in the Black Hills.

We haven't joined it... we don't get to that side of the state often.

Are you all in South Dakota? Join the South Dakota group! :D

Oh, yes the GPAA has claims here,but they arent based in Rapid City.But,yes there is gold in the Hills.All it takes is a shovel and good back.:yes:

This is the main reason we would join something like this. Just for the opportunity to do some wilderness camping. :grin:

We will be putting in the posts on the new claim (Good-One) on Beaver Creek in September.

Remember this claim is very rugged and hard to get to and will involve walking about a 2 miles, unless you have an ATV and then walk 3/4 mile, until we can get a regular trail constructed to the claim.

Yes, the new claim they have located is in a very nice area.Its a few miles east of Tinton (as the crow flies).I believe they allow 2 weeks of camping at a time on all thier claims.The Tinton area is known for some of the larger placer gold found in the black hills,nobody seems to know a definate reason why but speculate it was part of an ancient river,which was exposed when the black hills uplift took place.The Garnet Claim also provides a very nice place to camp and is secluded (although pretty popular with the weekend prospectors).Its located about 4 miles south of Rockerville (as the crow flies) and lives up to its name.When it comes time to clean out the sluice box,it'll be loaded with the pesky stones.Mt. lion sightings at this claim are so numerous that nobody really considers it news anymore.Either of these claims would provide great camping for those so inclined.....but I still prefer my own bed.:lol:

I just noticed you live in the Black Hills, you lucky duck. ;)

Tinton, or even Rockerville would be a good 6 or 7 hr trip for us, but it would be worth it for a 2 week stay. May do some thinking about it in the Spring. Yeah... we still have our gold pans. :D

Back
Top Bottom