Knife geeks? What do you carry?

I’m the forum member Mud is speaking of. I have to say the knife is the best I’ve ever owned. Thanks Mud. When he’s says it’s smooth, I can tell you, it’s like butter on a hot roll!

I’m not sure I’m adequate enough to own it, but I’m a good faker! Haha!
View attachment 407257

Beautiful piece right there! :aok:

Got to say, not as many old school knife people as I would have though, or are they jus t not your EDC?

BCD

Unfortunately the female I used to be married to liberated my collection from my grasp a long while back, including some handmade stuff that my grandpa had done in the 90s. (Ha! didn't even spew profanities thinking about that, I must be getting old). Just now starting to rebuild. Took em all but my work Spyderco Tenacious with the hopelessly off center blade...;)

I just found out this week that my Mom and Stepdad live near and go to church with Michael Morris, so I'll be getting me a nice file-made custom soon. Look him up. Cool stuff.

As a teenager, I was handy with a knife. Was good at sharpening them, too.

Nice work pplinker! Spent many an hour on chains myself. My buddy keeps pushing his Edgepro sharpening system on me, saying it's the best thing since a serrated bread knife...:laughing: I tell him, "My grandpa taught me to sharpen and strop at 7, I'm the edge Pro around here!"

My EDC clip on is a Kershaw Scallion:

1620_profile_1020x400.png

And inside my pocket:

images

Twice a year I travel to see my elderly parents in Florida. I hate being without my knife on those trips so much I bought one to leave there.

My EDC clip on is a Kershaw Scallion:

1620_profile_1020x400.png

And inside my pocket:

images

Twice a year I travel to see my elderly parents in Florida. I hate being without my knife on those trips so much I bought one to leave there.

Nice reliable pieces there Grumpa! Yeah, I'd have to do the same thing. I've only been on a plane for one trip and had to walk a mile back to the car to put my blade in the car. :mad: I'll just drive thanks. :D

I carry two of these while diving at all times. One on my BC and one on the back of my gauges. Very handy little dive tools.

Nice blades Scuba. I'm assuming those are a high salt resistant stainless?

Nice reliable pieces there Grumpa! Yeah, I'd have to do the same thing. I've only been on a plane for one trip and had to walk a mile back to the car to put my blade in the car. :mad: I'll just drive thanks. :D

Nice blades Scuba. I'm assuming those are a high salt resistant stainless?

Yes. I bought them in Okinawa in the late 1970's.

You can always put a blade in your checked luggage...

Been carrying a Buck 313 Muskrat for the past 50 years. Lost the first one and then broke the second one. Sent it to buck and they replaced the knife. Unfortunately they have not made that model for a bunch of years.

I was in Smokey Mountain Knife Works and was looking at the buck offering and the lady behind the counter asked me what kind of knife i carried. I showed her my knife and she told me that i needed to retire it because it was now a collectable.

The buck still resided in my pocket. I have other knives for other duties but the 313 is my pocket knife. I feel naked without it being in my pocket.

I use a custom made knife that I occasionally carry, made by an American down here, nice quality pieces.

Attachments

• 5497766_orig.jpg
    5497766_orig.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 113
I carry a Benchmade Adamas folder.

I also make fixed blade knives as a hobby, so you could say I’m into knives a little.

I carry the CRKT. Nothing special but does have a saftey for the lock. Been cut too many times on my knuckle from a lock failing and the blade closing while my hand was around it.

Just not my EDC.
I've got several that I quit carrying because I can't replace 'em.

That's funny you say that. I've got a Buck 102 that I've had since I was 14 years old. I could never replace the memories that me and that knife have gone through. I'm sure you know what I mean....:yes: (My EDC is a Kershaw)

I carry the CRKT. Nothing special but does have a saftey for the lock. Been cut too many times on my knuckle from a lock failing and the blade closing while my hand was around it.

I have a couple of folding knives with the added safety lock that keeps the blade from closing on your fingers. one is my CRKT Crawford Kasper pictured below.
Kasper.jpg

Well, I tell ya Brothers...A guy simply cant survive on this inhospitable Planet very long without a good knife...Thats all a guy really needs when you think about it..

Mud, just a knife ???? ......what about a handy selection of some good coin poppin' screwdrivers ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
mudsdiggers2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom