Sometimes you just get lucky!

I love the history that goes along with this hobby. Great finds that's what makes this fun.

Fisher F5 Ace 250 and Pro pointer 2014 finds

Seven,

Thanks for posting your amazing finds and sharing the history behind them! I love this stuff! We don't have civil war relics around my location and I can only imagine how it would feel unearthing finds like yours and the other relic hunters that hunt in the areas affected by the civil and revolutionary wars!

I've been back to Maryland and Virginia, and Pennsylvania numerous times to visit my inlaw's but that was before I started metal detecting! And just being physically in a place where such history took place always leaves me with a feeling that is difficult to describe but I know you know what I mean.

My next trip to the area I will be taking my detector with me and I'll be hunting if I can locate a place its legal to do. Heck I would just drooling over the history when seeing the city sign in Fredrick MD stating its date 1745 (if memory serves me) I don't know how I ever waited until I retired to start this hobby as much as I love history, not to mention old coins! Looking forward to seeing more!

Don

Your ongoing progress is extremely interesting, the history you have in that area is really amazing, and I'm glad you're working so hard to preserve what you can of it.

I really enjoy reading your posts, and seeing the neat stuff you continue to find, thanks for posting updates! Nice work!

Seven,

Thanks for posting your amazing finds and sharing the history behind them! I love this stuff! We don't have civil war relics around my location and I can only imagine how it would feel unearthing finds like yours and the other relic hunters that hunt in the areas affected by the civil and revolutionary wars!

I've been back to Maryland and Virginia, and Pennsylvania numerous times to visit my inlaw's but that was before I started metal detecting! And just being physically in a place where such history took place always leaves me with a feeling that is difficult to describe but I know you know what I mean.

My next trip to the area I will be taking my detector with me and I'll be hunting if I can locate a place its legal to do. Heck I would just drooling over the history when seeing the city sign in Fredrick MD stating its date 1745 (if memory serves me) I don't know how I ever waited until I retired to start this hobby as much as I love history, not to mention old coins! Looking forward to seeing more!

Don

Thank you so much, Don. If you ever pass through southern Kentucky send me a PM and we will hook up and I will see if I can put you on Minnie ball. I would love for you to experience the feeling of digging one. Thanks for your support.

Your ongoing progress is extremely interesting, the history you have in that area is really amazing, and I'm glad you're working so hard to preserve what you can of it.

I really enjoy reading your posts, and seeing the neat stuff you continue to find, thanks for posting updates! Nice work!

Thanks. I am also keeping up with your progress as well thanks for the support. Good luck.

Awesome write up man! Love dish fragments! Try and get a whole plate by reconstruction ;) it's pretty darn difficult ;)

Awesome write up man! Love dish fragments! Try and get a whole plate by reconstruction ;) it's pretty darn difficult ;)

Yeah wish we could get the entire plate, but that is doubtful. The lead fused to some of the pieces gave away their location and we just happened upon the other pieces while we were digging all of those Colt .44's last week.

Those are fantastic pieces! Big congrats to you and Kingdom! I think your theory of trying to save every drop of lead possible sounds spot on. It's great that you've been able to use your finds, and collaborating research to piece together the story. I would love to be able to go back in time for just one day at some of our sites. To see what actually happened, talk with the soldiers, and experience what they did, would be unbelievable

Those are fantastic pieces! Big congrats to you and Kingdom! I think your theory of trying to save every drop of lead possible sounds spot on. It's great that you've been able to use your finds, and collaborating research to piece together the story. I would love to be able to go back in time for just one day at some of our sites. To see what actually happened, talk with the soldiers, and experience what they did, would be unbelievable

Yeah Chip I think we all feel the same way. It's so hard to try and piece history together and we really never get the complete story. However, with each piece we dig we get a little closer.

Yeah wish we could get the entire plate, but that is doubtful. The lead fused to some of the pieces gave away their location and we just happened upon the other pieces while we were digging all of those Colt .44's last week.
Have you ever thought if sifting the dirt in areas? I'm sure you'd find a lot of nest stuff for the museum

Have you ever thought if sifting the dirt in areas? I'm sure you'd find a lot of nest stuff for the museum

Yeah the thought has crossed my mind but that would be a major undertaking and we have a number of sites that we are yet to get to... so much to do... so little time. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yeah the thought has crossed my mind but that would be a major undertaking and we have a number of sites that we are yet to get to... so much to do... so little time. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yeah, I know what you mean! Maybe at the least you could take a shovel and md out there, dig a trench (1 foot deep at most and look through what you overturn. You could find pipe, dish fragments, bottle fragments, and so much more! :)

Back
Top Bottom