Street Tearout no go BUT!!!!

pescadore

Elite Member
I got home from work a little late today and really didn't have time to go find my daily clad so decided to go a couple of streets over where they are doing a street and sidewalk tear out. I grabbed the X2 because it had the 7 inch coil attached and I was going to be in some cramped spaces. I searched the sidewalk tearout for a block and got nothing that even resembled a coin. I dug a couple of iffy targets confirming that they were just junk. It was getting dark so I headed back for home. I decided to work the sidewalk strips on the way home and about half way there, I started getting some nice targets. I dug a clad dime and then a quarter. I got a deeper sounding target and hit the coin check and got a nice soft round coin sound. I dug a 5 inch flap and turned it back. I checked the flap with the Propointer and got a solid tone at the bottom of the plug. I brushed back a little dirt and YESSSS !!!! 1952D Rosie. I pocketed the Rosie and walked a few more steps and got another nice signal. Got another clad dime and it was dark thirty and time to go to the house. Here are my finds for today.

Congrats! How do you like the X2 so far?

I really like it for what I got it for. It's super light and easy to breakdown and put in my backpack. I take the backpack with me when I leave the house that way I am never without a detector. I am still getting the feel for it but the more I use it the better I am getting. I got a couple of nickels yesterday and have that pretty much figured out now after I got some advice from Robo99 on Sunday. I still am a display kind of guy but I think using the beep and dig is improving my ears because of the subtle differences in the same tone.

Congrats on the silver. I aint had time to get back out since Sunday.

Love those sidewalk/street tearouts.
I look for them wherever I go. Congrats!

Nice finds! I was hoping for dirt this week when they started taking up asphalt on our main street, but no dice, just a couple inches of asphalt then new surface. Glad you found some goodies on your outing! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom