First silver,IHP ,and wheaties of 2019.Its the old 2 coin in the hole trick

Usa

Elite Member
I went out to the same spot as I found all of my recent good finds. I hit the 10 by 12 yard that I have done 6-7 times before. After only a few minutes I got a nice zinc signal. I dug down to 6 inches to see a green penny waiting for me. I instantly knew it was an 1800's IHP because of the heavy wear on it. I hit the curbstrip in front of the yard again and got a War nickel 4-5 inches down, right up next to the sidewalk. I later found 2 Wheaties in the same hole together at the neighboring house. It was a great day. By the way, how many of you know what old TV show the second part of my title came from?
TQ for looking and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 458
WOW that first nickle looks nice. Did you go over the lettering with a toothpick?

Congrats on the finds. :thumbsup:

Congrats Levi, on the amazingly fantastic finds! :woot: Keep it up! :mder:

BTW... I like the color you added to your signature. :thumbsup:

This post makes me feel optimistic about going over the same old ground I've found stuff in before. Congrats on the 1800's penny and the rest.
As far as the TV show, referencing the ol' 2 coin in a hole trick? I do not know. My w.a. guess will be The Three Stooges. :lol:

Great finds USA, too much snow on the ground for me to get out there still. Old tv show.......hhmm.......ok I give up!!, which one was it? how about Lash LaRue? or Have Gun will travel? The Rifleman? Gunsmoke? Perry Mason? My Little Margie? Dragnet? Peter Gun? Bat Masterson? Lassie? Blondie? Davy Crockett? The Lone Ranger? Am I getting close USA?? How bout Robin Hood? Ohh I know, Little House on the Prairie, right!?!?!

A very fine hunt Levi. Congrats on the worn Indian, the sharp War Nickle and the Wheat's. The only gambling shows from back then I can remember are Maverick and at the Longbranch on Gunsmoke. Trapper

Thanks for all the comments. "The old_______trick comes from the 1965 TV show Get Smart.

Very nice hunt, Congrats on the first silver of the year and some nice copper too!
I haven't watched it in years but Get Smart was one of my favorites as a kid.

Congrats on the fantastic finds, Levi! After taking a peak at your signature, it looks to me like the Indian head is one of your oldest coins to date; what a cool find! What years are the wheat cents? Great job on the silver, too - I think God really blessed your hunt! Keep up the good work! :woot:

Congrats on the fantastic finds, Levi! After taking a peak at your signature, it looks to me like the Indian head is one of your oldest coins to date; what a cool find! What years are the wheat cents? Great job on the silver, too - I think God really blessed your hunt! Keep up the good work! :woot:

I was certainly blessed. They are 1940 and 36'.

Back
Top Bottom