First old coin

Usa

Elite Member
Hey,first I want to thank everyone who gave me tips on better detecting techniques and kept me going. I had driven past an old cattle corral for six years before thinking to detect it,but when the thought came to me I got permission on it and headed out for an afternoon of detecting. Within the first thirty seconds there I dug a coin,not sure what it was I kept on.when I got home I put it in electrolysis and in no time I saw I had a1883 Indian Head cent.I was absolutely thrilled, now I love detecting all the more.thanks y'all.

Attachments

• KIMG0293.jpg
    KIMG0293.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 268
Nice find, congratulations. Anytime we can come home with a 100+ year old coin its a GREAT HUNT. Bet there is more there, maybe SILVER. Get back out there, lol

that's great! my first old coin, was a 1905 ihp. still haven't found one from the 1880's yet. i would be pounding that area!

Very nice find, I kind of do the same thing too. When I dig coins or anything really, I just throw it in my finds bag and keep on looking. The not knowing makes it all the better. Then at home it’s like a separate hunt.

Back
Top Bottom