new-my first post

aahh

I'm so new i dont even have a metal detector yet.
i have spent alot of time watching videos and doing research.
watching alot of ebay auctions.
living in central new york there is so much history and lots of beaches,fresh water lakes and streams. my main interest is to find gold and silver coins and jewellery.
I am leaning strongly to getting a whites M6. and then switching to a different coil- a 4x6 pinpointer or goldmaster?? i dont know?
are there many differences in one from 2009 or a brand new one.??
one last thought. I am a pianotuner so i have an excellent ear for tones etc.
how could that play into my choice of detectors?
and finally would a M6 be too heavy too handle being female with average body strength. any thought welcome.thanks

My first detector was a Teknetics Delta, super light, great target ID, only one 9v battery, spot on pinpointing, read the reviews......no regrets and I still have it....Welcome from Arkansas!

Welcome from Michigan! Good luck on finding your first machine. I'm a newbie myself so I don't have much advice on a detector but I love my AT pro. You've come to the right place for advice. GL!

Hi and welcome from Wisconsin! :grin: My detector is a Garrett Ace 350 and I, also a female, have no problems with its weight unless I'm out for half the day. Can't say about the M6 as I've never tried one.

Welcome aahh.............now I don't feel like such a noob. I just joined yesterday and I don't have a MD yet either.:grin: Lots of good info here. I've been lurking for a few weeks and have learned quite a bit. Good luck with whatever kind of MD you choose.

Welcome to the forum from Arizona. As far as what might be to heavy to swing....... trust me it really won't matter. Either way when ya start out your using a whole different set of muscles. You'll be sore either way. You'll build up "swinging" muscles soon enough. Good luck and HH.....

I would recommend a inexpensive model like the Garrett Ace 250 or a Bounty Hunter if you never MD'd before. I bought my 8 year old son Ace 250 and he is fine with the weight (I'll assume you are stronger than an 8 year old, lol) and the length is adjustable down to his size. It is also easy to learn but still has several advanced features. Good luck and welcome aboard.

welcome to the forum from Canada!
i'm not familiar with that model, but like someone else said, the Ace 250 is a decent entry level machine and quite lightweight.
regardless of which one you eventually get, you'll still discover "new" muscles and a few aches and pains are normal. even us seasoned hunters tend to get sore after the first few hunts of the spring, lol.
keep us posted on what you decide on and we love pics of finds! :D

Pete

I'm so new i dont even have a metal detector yet.
i have spent alot of time watching videos and doing research.
watching alot of ebay auctions.
living in central new york there is so much history and lots of beaches,fresh water lakes and streams. my main interest is to find gold and silver coins and jewellery.
I am leaning strongly to getting a whites M6. and then switching to a different coil- a 4x6 pinpointer or goldmaster?? i dont know?
are there many differences in one from 2009 or a brand new one.??
one last thought. I am a pianotuner so i have an excellent ear for tones etc.
how could that play into my choice of detectors?
and finally would a M6 be too heavy too handle being female with average body strength. any thought welcome.thanks

just go with the 6x10 dd coil you'll be fine

Back
Top Bottom