New coil choice for F2

Bjustrom1

I'm deciding which coil to choose for my F2. The fisher 11 inch dd coil or the NEL sharpshooter 9.5 x 5.5 inch coil. I am currently using the standard 8 inch coil. I am mainly looking for silver. Any ideas?

The NEL's are good coils but are made in the Ukraine and with the unrest over there now not sure what their future is. Especially the warranty.

You may want to read the thread on NEL coils under FAMILY FRIENDLY TOPICS. Good luck with your purchase.

I have owned the 11" DD coil for the F2 and the NEL tornado, which is a 12x13 coil. They both were my favorite coils for the F2. I've never had the 9x5 NEL, but since that is comparable to the 11'DD, I would stick with the stock.

I did have to ship my Tornado back for repair and they sent me a brand new one back before even receiving mine. I did have to pay shipping to the Ukraine though.

If you were like me though, and get hooked on Metal Detecting, you will never be fully happy until you upgrade your machine. I upgraded all the coils and it still let me wanting more.

i am leaning toward the fisher 11 inch coil because I know it works, and i know more about it, just saw the NEL today

For the price dont underestimate the 10" concentric that comes in the 3 coil package - it certainly provides the extra depth

that seller, colonial metal detectors, is a forum sponsor. I would message Rich to get more info on the NEL's. I've thought about trying the new Storm coil (13x14) on my Eurotek.

Back
Top Bottom